Urgently needed help - please

hersheys mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Made a batch (6 lbs) of catinfo recipe, but grinder would not do bones. Added pork to make up for weight of bones, and added required amount of bone meal. Mixed and froze. Feeding it to Hershey Rose now, and her poop is extremely hard. Tried putting a little more Omega-3 oil and water in before serving, but that is not helping. What can I do to help eleviate her constipation at this point? Next time will add less bone meal, but cannot afford to throw out what I already made, and not enough room in freezer to make another batch to mix with this one. Help??

Lei Ann

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just give her some plain meat, no added bone meal,  That's what I do when mine get a little constipated.  Or you can try giving her a little canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling).  Maybe 1 teaspoon?  Mine won't eat it, but maybe she will.  But when my babies get a little constipated, I just add about 1 oz ground turkey thigh into about 4 oz of their nutritionally complete food, and serve it up. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, just grind up a bit of boneless meat, or cut it in chunks if she'll eat it that way, and add a little to each meal.