Urgent Question ! My Cat Went To Labor And There Came Out Something More With Placenta

Nutsaninua

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my cat is giving birth right now , only 2 kittens arrived yet and with placenta came something more , round ,red tissue with both of them. It's like Placenta is ending with something more and I'm really worried. Do you have any Idea what's going on and should I worry? Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How its going? I dont know me either what it is, but as its with both kittens on their placenta, and they seem alive as you describe it, and momma doesnt seem hurt, it shouldnt be nothing bad.

Hello, my cat is giving birth right now , only 2 kittens arrived yet and with placenta came something more , round ,red tissue with both of them. It's like Placenta is ending with something more and I'm really worried. Do you have any Idea what's going on and should I worry? Thanks

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It almost sounds to me like you are just a touch confused. The embryonic sac is what holds the newborn and the mother takes care of it. After the birth, the placenta comes out. It is a red glob that is expelled after delivery. I am going by equine births and not cats. But this sounds just like what expels from a mare 5 or so minutes after the birth of a foal.