Urgent prayers for Figaro needed please

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the poor little sweetie.
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers that he'll be better soon!
please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, everyone - I know they're helping. I didn't sleep well last night - everytime I woke up I ended up praying he was okay until I fell asleep again.

The vet called me this morning and had me come in. He showed me his x-rays and he has a lot of gas in his colon and stomach. He still has a bit of a temperature, and and he still has jaundice caused by the excess bilirubin in his blood - they're trying to figure out what's causing that, he's down to his liver and gall bladder. They're doing an ultrasound later and he'll be calling me sometime after 4:00 to update me on what they find. They're checking his liver and sending out a few tests for that to rule out Fatty Liver Disease - but he said if that's what it is, it's easy to treat. Fig will be staying overnight again to get more fluids - they've been helping him a bunch. He ate last night and this morning, and he ate when I was there again. The doctor was very happy about that, he was worried they'd have to put in a feeding tube.

I got to see Figgy before I left back in the cage he was in and he looks so good compared to how he looked when he was here. His eyes were open (they've just been slits the past few days) and he looked at me when I was talking to him and then got up. He has a plastic booty on to keep the tube in, and it was cute to see him try to walk in it, he was very confused. Both of his legs are shaved, poor thing. He came over to me and started purring and tried to climb up on me - AWESOME sign. He hasn't wanted to hug me Saturday before he got sick. He started eating after he nuzzled me a bit and I took that opportunity to say bye and leave while he was distracted a bit.

I'm upset he couldn't come home with me today, but he's in excellent hands. I love our vet, he's the sweetest guy and he truly cares - I'm sad we're moving and we won't be able to go to him anymore.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. We're still not out of the woods yet, but we've made huge steps towards him getting better.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread, I will keep Figaro in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us posted.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds positive thus far - please do keep us posted!!!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alright, another update -- looks like Fig's got pancreatitis. During the ultrasound today everything else looked fine. We'll know for sure Friday-Monday when he gets the tests back.

The doctor says he can come home tomorrow, and that he's even perked up more tonight than he was when I saw him...so I'm happy. I hope him seeing me made him happier, rather than random stranger faces.

He'll be on meds for a bit until those test results come back and we see if he needs more or what...so he's not going to like that but at least he'll be home!

Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers, I know they helped him a bunch.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of healing vibes are on the way for sweet Fig,
with the hope that he will be feeling well enough to come home tomorrow.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Figgy's home!! I picked him up from the vet's and the minute they gave him to me he was hugging me and headbutting me...aww, I love my big boy.

He looks really silly, the front of both front legs is shaved as well as his belly...but he looks a million times better and the vet is really happy with his progress.

He's on meds for about a month, and maybe more once we get back the results from the tests he sent out yesterday...so hopefully he won't give me too much trouble taking those.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prayers are with you and your sweet little Figaro. I just read this thread and I am so glad he's doing better. Get well soon, little guy!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear God I am so glad he is home. There isn't anything that tears us apart faster than our babies being sick.

Happy to be home headbuts and oh, so glad to see you licks from KittenKiya's Clan.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am glad he is home and doing better and fingers crossed with the meds.