URGENT - Please help, biting and children

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I want to tell you that spaying our cat made a world of a difference! Kinks was the moodest cat that would bite and growl and hiss and scratch for no real apparent reason. he left some deep gashes and scars in us, my boyfriend has one up the length of his arm. She had to be netted to be spayed because the vet couldn't handle her (I got to watch). She acted feral and screamed sooo loud. I watched her being spayed and it turned out that she had cysts on her ovaries. They were removed and she came home and was the same for a few days. Just her pissed off self and growled and no one could touch her. We thought she would be the same. A week later she was GREAT, and within another week or two she became the sweetest, most affectionate kitty ever. Now she meows to be held and pet and sleeps on top of us. She rarely growls or swipes at us (only if you touch her belly for too long). She is great.

Sooo, spaying should definately help but it IS different for every cat. Please don't take her to the shelter. Or else find one that won't kill her. Something may be spooking her. Any little change, something so little you may hardly even notice it, could be stressing her out.
We had a cat with cysts at our last feral clinic. She was actually a very nice cat when she was young, but at about a year old became a monster cat. Turns out she had loads of cysts on her ovaries, and the vet said it was as if this cat had been in heat every day of her life. She was several years old when she was finally spayed. Poor little thing! I hope she is doing ok now.

Please get your cat spayed immediately! And yes, any pet should be able to escape the kids from the day care, and spend some time alone.

And remember, cats are not like dogs. A dog who bit the owners face should probably be put down, in my opinion. But to the cat, this was not an attack on the pack leader, it was simply a plea for help from a cat who is terribly overstressed.