Urgent :: Pet Food Recall... Urgent!!! - TOXIN FOUND

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

It is aggravating! Why can't they give the list to the FDA and let them put it up tonight? Bird gets her meds with wet 9 Lives chunky with gravy catfood twice a day! I guess I'll just give her as little as possible...
i am waiting so patiently for all of this, we also have the 9 lives chunky although mine oddly just walked away from it
mine are just getting too picky these days

I did notify my moms freind who feeds her dog science diet wet, i seen it on the mini lisst that someone posted a link to for petsmart i do believe!

In a way tho im kind of scared to feed my kitties tonite, and we noticed yesterday that willie pooped blood
so we have to make a vet appointment and we are hoping its nothing serious, and I hope its none of the food we got with 6 cats the all tend to eat each tohers food all the time (like i sadi they are pigs) This has me greaking out, no my news did a report but they did get it wrong saying that it was only store brand names
6 am is tooo far away for me
i dk why they couldnt just let us know tonite
I think its rediculous making us wait a whole nother day

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw a new member on the crf list I am post that their cat developed their crf after eating one of the recalled Iams packets (one of the lot numbers listed). I feel so bad for them and any one whose cat or dog (affecting dogs too) has become ill or died.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a Petsmart link posted either here or H&N that has anothe rlink it in that lists foods....which basically wiped out my supply of wet food for Twitch & Lily...I have like 3 cans of wet food unaffected. That'll last long between 5 cats!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The menufoods site won't load for me, so for those that can see it: what does it say? I'm getting a little paranoid; on the 6th we bought 2 packs of Friskies seared filets (tuna and salmon) wet food.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
# This applies to wet food only. No other pet food, including dry or prescription foods, is affected by this recall.
# Menu Foods manufactures the following canned and pouched wet pet food products that PetSmart carries:

* Sophisticat and Sophisticat Supreme
* Grreat Choice
* Iams
* Eukanuba
* Nutro
* Authority
* Award
* Science Diet
* Mighty Dog Pouches
* Mixables

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is terrifying. It should be legally required that everything covered by FDA regulations has to be clearly labeled as to what manufacturer produced it, at which plant, and when.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Pet parents can substitute the impacted foods with any dry food from the same brand or use alternative canned or foil pouched wet foods such as: Pedigree, Pro Plan, Mighty Dog cans, Cesar and Alpo for dogs, and Friskees, Fancy Feast, Pro Plan and Whiskas for cats."

Therefore those named foods are not "tainted".... my brain isn't working too well tonight.

ETA: Nevermind, just saw the PDF Natalie posted.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How scary! I think that we got lucky. I bought a case of Iams at the end of December (not their normal food. It was on sale so I thought we'd try it) and Diesel and Tucker ate it for a few days and then started getting sick. Throwing up and Diarrhea. They were both lethargic and lost their appetites.

I thought it was kind of a big reaction to a change in food but took Tucker to the Vet for his shots/checkup and asked him about it and he said not to worry. I decided to switch back to their normal food (fancy feast at the time) and tossed the rest of the Iams. Within a few days they were back to themselves and I hadn't thought about it much until now.I assumed that the Iams just didn't agree with them. We probably need to call the Vet and see if they need to do any testing. Could the Vet tell if there was any damage done??

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

This is the link I was referring to. List names & numbers/codes of affected foods!
Is this just the ones sold by PetSmart or is that all the tainted brands?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's all tainted brands, but not sure. One thing I was wondering about....the Iams...the slices aren't the new foods, are they? I have Iams Chicken Entree & I can't tell if they're some of the cans or not.
Anybody else know?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I think it's all tainted brands, but not sure. One thing I was wondering about....the Iams...the slices aren't the new foods, are they? I have Iams Chicken Entree & I can't tell if they're some of the cans or not.
Anybody else know?
I was wondering because our Wal-Mart only sales one thing thats on that list and thats the IAMS. All the others I have only seen at PetSmart. I guess we will know more in the morning.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

For those using Nutro here a link to check the date codes affected
http://www.nutroproducts.com/menufoods.asp
I'm stunned....

Dexter and Sadie have 5 cases of 12 pouches each of ....
Natural choice CC Senior &
CC Weight Management pouches.
that fall into the recall dates.

This is a disaster for the pet food industry.

I bought mine at PetCo.
I will return them first thing tomorrow morning.

I wonder what wet food is safe now.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked my cans and none are affected... of course, upon further reading, I notice that the affected foods are the slices/chunks... which JJ and Jack won't eat... so I do my best to not buy any... although some do slip through on occasion (only because the labels don't specify WHAT style it is... ergh)

So, I checked all my cans... I feed them a variety of companies... all loaf/classic style.

A.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I'm stunned....

Dexter and Sadie have 5 cases of 12 pouches each of ....
Natural choice CC Senior &
CC Weight Management pouches.
that fall into the recall dates.

This is a disaster for the pet food industry.

I bought mine at PetCo.
I will return them first thing tomorrow morning.

I wonder what wet food is safe now.
Mine are eating solid gold and cal natural with raw till this all gets straightened out

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will try solid gold and CA natural tomorrow.
What a mess.
I had no idea that one huge company supplied so much of the pet food that is for sale under different brands.
That is a setup for disaster.
Those poor animals who lost their lives.

RIP babies

I think that a link to this thread should be posted in the lounge and other animal threads.
Would a mod please do it.
We don't want any member to miss this.

I feel really angry and frustrated by this.

psy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very angry about this! I just found that I had cans of the recalled food in my cupboard. I am now very worried about my girls. Luckily they didn't take much of a liking to the sliced in gravy type and barely ate any of it but now I am very worried and this just after a bad scare with Monkey being misdiagnosed with heart disease and she ate most of the gravy and slices food.

Edit- Every can of food in my cupboard is on that recall list and they ahve been eating it for a while. I am very worried now.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily for Seb, Science Diet and Meow Mix aren't on the list so far. A friend from work has a dog with food on this list though. Will call her first thing in the morning. Hope there are no more deaths or complications from the contaminated foods. Isn't it odd that one place manufactures so many brands?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The recall for the Nutro foods only mentions pouch foods as far as cats are concerned. I bought some canned food more than a month ago but haven't fed any of them to the kits. Even though there isn't a mention of canned Nutro would it be better to be safe than sorry and not feed any of them to the bubs?