Urgent, Now what???????

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new kitty family! Most cities with a pet/household limit often have an application or something like that for you to fill out in the case that you want to keep both kittens. You might check with your vet or local animal control department to find out what the process is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well everyone is doing fine now. It has been several days since the births and all is good. The kittens are with mom under my bed, i guess that is where she feels safe with them and she can be close to me too. Pics of the little ones are going up shortly, just got them downloaded onto the puter, so enjoy.

I have been in contact with animal control here in town, and they seem pretty good. The ytold me as long as I am making an effort to place them they are not gonna be concerned. I have found a home for one kitten now, all I need to do is give it the first shots in a bit over 7 weeks, and then we can go from there.

Enjoy the pics all, and ty, had not gone through that before, and only place i could think of the get help fast. Hugsssss all, you are the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on family, all are doing terrific. Babies are growing like a weed and are still under the bed. I ma in no hurry to move them as yet, and not concerned. Tonight i found a home for the second baby, so that is good. The person who is taking the second one saw them on my cam in another messenger service and fell in love with them, and it didnt take too long to have her want one, lol. So looks like the babies have homes, and Shadoe will stay with me.

Just wanted to update you guys, and let ya know all is great here. Thanks for your help, you are really the best.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

I am so happy you have been finding homes as well!

I just want to reiterate what others have said:

It is very important to wait a full 10 to 12 weeks before you take the kittens away from mom and siblings. They learn VERY important social behaviors during this time. A kitten that is taken away too early can even end up with self esteem and confidence issues. That can be the turning point in having a cat grow up to be loving and sweet, to one that is scared and temperamental. Our Roxie had been taken away when she was 8 weeks old, and she was the spookiest cat you have ever seen. She also had litter box issues, and never did well with other animals.

Please keep them 10 to 12 weeks. The longer the better.

Have fun and good luck!!!