Urgent: Ideas Needed

erinrose84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Idexx report was incredibly vague so we've had to go back to them to get proper details. Regardless, with the condition/age & kidney failure on top of it all the prognosis is not good.
Hi Jimmy, I know this post was from 2017, but I was wondering what treatment your cat received for the histiocytic diagnosis, as I am in a very similar situation. Our vets and Oncologist stated that since this occurs so rarely in cats, much is unknown about treatment. I have a 7 year old Tonkinese that presented with anemia, and after a barrage of tests and medicines, we've all but been told this is histiocytic cancer of the spleen and liver. Our cat just started Lomustine this week, so it's too soon to tell if it will kick her RBCs back into production. You're the first person I've actually seen discuss this condition about their cat, and while I understand this is aggressive in nature, I'm curious as to what your overall experience was. Also, I am so sorry you dealt with this!

rvf4uk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure if either of you are still online but can I get an update on your cats (though know it was a while ago) I wasn't given the name histiocytic but was told my cat has an enlarged spleen and liver (and lymph nodes) from Lymphoma and the vet mentioned lomustine which I read is bad for cats with liver issues??? I have to go for an animo acid shot today before treatment and can't find that mentioned anywhere? (another $650)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Neither member has been back to TCS for a while, so I don't know if you will get a reply.