URGENT HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, I'm so sorry.  It's so hard to lose one at any age, but Pippin is so young.   I won't even say what I think of the first vet for not taking this seriously from the beginning.  At least now, Pippin will no longer suffer.  Small comfort I know, at such a sad loss.  

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Aw, I'm so sorry.  It's so hard to lose one at any age, but Pippin is so young.   I won't even say what I think of the first vet for not taking this seriously from the beginning.  At least now, Pippin will no longer suffer.  Small comfort I know, at such a sad loss.  
This, plus a thousand.

You know, we hear so much about preventative medicine, and here you did the right and responsible thing by bringing Pippin in when you noticed the odd behavior, and your vet not only failed to diagnose Pippin's condition, but by your description had a blase attitude about it, as if eating cat litter is no big deal.

I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. I'm saying it because you did everything right, and your vet failed you. I agree 100% with what the others said, that this is the vet's fault and you should do your best to let other people know. I would also take it a step further and write a letter to your old veterinarian, telling him exactly what happened, that he completely bungled the care of your pet (care and trust you placed in him, the vet), missed critical signs, ignored symptoms, and didn't connect the dots.

I would hope that, if this vet is a professional and truly cares about what he does, he would read the letter and realize his mistake, so he never makes it again. This was completely his fault, not yours. You did everything you could.

You, your family, and Pippin are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry you got such bad news, and I'm sorry Pippin's short life has to come to an end. Poor little guy.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so, so sorry :hugs: Nothing anyone can say will ease the pain.

:rbheart: Rest in peace Pippin, you gorgeous boy :rbheart:
:angel: :purple Butterfly::greenpaw::rbheart::greenpaw::purple Butterfly::angel:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessglanz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I appreciate all the kind words guys. I will be speaking with the previous vet. Here are some pictures, the one on the left was just sent to me from my sister. The other is him and his best friend (my cat Diego) playing outside in the sunshine, his favourite place to be. <3 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:heart3::heart2::heart3: What a truly stunning boy. I am so sorry things ended this way...and way too soon. My heart is breaking for you both :hugs:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has all been such a tragedy. My heart goes out to you and your family. A terrible chain of events that you had no control over. The moderating team join me in offering our sympathy. Now, in accordance with TCS practice, as a mark of respect I shall close this thread. I hope that in time, whenver you feel ready, you will feel able to open a tribute thread for Pippin in the 'Crossing the Bridge' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.