Urgent help required -first time cat owner here - in a bad fix!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here they don't bandage after spay, some use an e-collar, like a lamp shade on her head so she can't lick the wound.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait a week or so - I know she is uncomfortable, but it is slightly more difficult to spay a cat in heat anyway, and the kittens are still nursing, so those are two good reasons to wait a short while. It won't make any difference as to whether she is pregnant. I don't know if you know, but if you are going to give the kittens milk, use goat milk as it is low in lactose and won't upset their tummies. If you can get special cat/kitten milk from a petstore that is OK too.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by slartibartfast

- can someone pls suggest whether it's not too risky her feeding the kittens after spaying?
I got Skittles and the kittens all fixed while still nursing and they did great. No infections and Skittles really did not seem to mind it. You babies are almost 2 months old so they should all be fine even if they did not nurse right away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slartibartfast

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are some photos - all taken over a few days in two batches (the first few just when they were a week old, the rest when they were bout 3 weeks old).

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...RoxanneEdNtOM/

Will post more - they are at their playful best right now.

Also still at work - decided not to spay here today - will do it next week - till then will try and get em off milk - this vet wants to bandage the sutures for a week so that she don't open them, since I won't be around.

Thx everyone! N lemme know how's the family - tho mommy's really dirty - she keeps getting dirty and hardly finds time to clean herself with the two lil jokers.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are absolutely beautiful Mom is stunning. I would spay her so she has a longer healthier life. I bet you really love her