Urgent Advice Needed

Samt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I created an account hoping I can get some advice.
So I moved into a house with my boyfriend and we've been living here for 4 months. There has been a stray cat wondering around for a few years. She hung around my boyfriend's grandma's house and she fed her daily. She had apparently been abandoned by her last owner and my boyfriends grandma asked us to take her. I'm a huge animal lover so couldn't say no. We asked permission from our landlord to take her and he granted the permission. Not a week later and he has decided to evict us so he can sell the property. We have no choice but to move into a flat and unfortunately it's not a pet friendly flat. So I'm desperately trying to find this poor cat a home. I'm just seeking some advice on what to do. I have rang the RSPCA and they are not interested. Cats protection have her on the waiting list but I'm moving before Christmas.
Ive asked my boyfriends grandma if it's okay if we bring her back and his grandma wants nothing more to do with the cat and refuses to take her back. She is a very stubborn woman and just shouts and screams whenever we ask her if she would consider taking the cat back. I'm just in a really sticky situation. I've asked friends and family but there's been no body willing to have her. I've also rung smaller shelters and there's no hope as they're all full.
I'm in the Derbyshire area. If anyone can offer me any advice that would be brilliant.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If there are neighbors, ask some of them if they would take her. I hope you find a solution.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Samt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your reply, I will ask the neighbours if they can help, I just really want her to get a home. It's all extremely stressful

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just went through the same thing. We bought a house to remodel and a lovely striped female showed up every day to be fed. We found that her owner lived next door, but told us he had a new job that required him to be away for a week at a time so he just threw her outside, he said she can catch mice to eat. He didn't care if we wanted her.???!!! She hung around for almost a year, so we knew she was spayed, and we had taken her into the vet already when she got sick. It gets very cold here and I didn't want her outside. We already have 4 house cats and numerous outside cats, we didn't need more. (but would have if it came down to it, she was just too nice a cat!) Since finding a home for a cat is like finding a home for zucchini, we didn't have any luck at all. I finally posted an ad in the paper stating we had a spayed, abandoned cat that needed an inside home. Would provide litterbox, food and bed. I hated spending the thirty dollars to run the ad, but I had already been on all the free radio shows (which you might start with) without any calls.I ended up with three calls! She went to a lovely couple who was older and had just lost there 18 year old cat 6 months ago. I think what did it was saying she was abandoned, people were sad she didn't have a home. So don't give up , it CAN happen!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Samt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, I really appreciate you coming forward to share your story, it gives me hope that I can find her a good loving home. I won't give up, no matter how stressful it gets :)