UPS has me in flames

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well now my paretns are mad at FEDEX! They said estimated delivery time would be 7 pm for a package. Well the guy came at noon. Left the note on the door. Dad called and they said he could sign the slip and they would leave the package by the door. Dad asked why they couldn't drop it off at about 5 because he always sees the FEDEX guy in our area about that time. Nope. So he has to go pick it up!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Just shipped a package and asked about charges.....I was told if the package is valued over $50 then there would be customs charges.
Which can be 200% of the value of the item!!!!!!!!!! UPS is scams their customers. I hope that lawsuit filed against them in Canada wins. It's far cheaper to ship from the US to Canada using Fed Ex because there are no hidden costs to the recipient at the door.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Which can be 200% of the value of the item!!!!!!!!!! UPS is scams their customers. I hope that lawsuit filed against them in Canada wins. It's far cheaper to ship from the US to Canada using Fed Ex because there are no hidden costs to the recipient at the door.
I just dealt with a situation, where I shipped "gifts" to a friend in Canada with UPS telling me nothing about "customs and brokerage" fees. When I checked the tracking # on the UPS web site, it said, "Item not delivered, recipiant didnt have funds". I immediately called UPS and asked them what this was. That is when they informed me of "customs and brokerage fees". I was so upset that Im sending a gift to someone and THEY have to PAY to receive it. I had to open a UPS account, in order to have those charges charged back to me, just so someone I was sending a gift to could receive it, FREE!
Then they charged me on top of the "customs and brokerage fees" a fee for paying the fees instead of the recipient paying.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a great couple of UPS delivery guys, but...over the years I've had packages arrive so busted the peanuts and products are falling out.

I find them expensive to ship with, and I stand by using good old USPS Priority Mail. It's been my best choice over the years.