Upgrading The Site - Official Announcement

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know some of you are in modern times and have phones to communicate with. I have a old pc on dialup to work with..usually. Today I am on my brothers system.. pc and broadband. Nice but the dial up is all there is in the budget . I think my transition will be the roughest since I am fading away with time and upgrades.
We will see when we see it. But

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I hope the new platform might actually make the site faster for people on dial-up, but we'll see how it goes.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MeuzettesMom

I know some of you are in modern times and have phones to communicate with. I have a old pc on dialup to work with..usually. Today I am on my brothers system.. pc and broadband. Nice but the dial up is all there is in the budget . I think my transition will be the roughest since I am fading away with time and upgrades.
We will see when we see it. But
I find myself worrying about people like you any time a forum upgrades. It used to be me in that position. I also wonder, when regulars in forums disappear, if that's what happened, their old equipment or dial up couldn't keep up with the upgrades.

In the other forum I mentioned earlier, in my opinion, the upgrade was NOT an improvement. We lost a lot of features......that were not replaced by something better, in fact, in my opinion, the upgrade took the forum several steps backward.

But....such is progress......