UPDATE: Rest in peace babyboy:(

catsplay.com

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Valerie,

Your post is so incredibly touching. I can understand what you are going through as I lost my previous cat unexpectedly when he ate string, and then died after surgery that did not go well. I was 8.5 months pregnant and we got a phone call in the middle of the night from the vet that he had died. We thought that maybe God took him for some reason -- like maybe there was going to be a problem between him and the baby that my husband and I would overlook because we loved the cat so much.

Valerie, something that I found that was really helpful to me was that I spent a few days writing down a long long list of everything about my kitty that I loved -- because I was so afraid I would lose those memories. The list went on for 10 pages- - stuff like "I loved the way Dudley blinked when he woke up in the morning" -- silly, tiny, little details but things that I never wanted to forget.

It may seem like it would make you sad to write this, but it also made me smile as I thought of each memory. And then, in the future, when you are stronger, you can come back and read it with fondness.

After I finally finished writing the list, I felt a little 'releived' in a way that I was able to write it all down so that these memories were preserved forever.

Thinking of you.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Valerie, My heart aches for you. I am so sorry I just got informed of your terrible loss. Having read your posts, I know that your faith is strong. You know that God loves you, and that He loves all of the little creatures He created to bring us joy. If He knows every sparrow that falls, He knows about your pain, and I'm sure He welcomed your baby to heaven when his pain was finally over.

It will take time for the pain to ease, as you have been told. But that is a compliment to your baby, and how much joy he added to your life. You need to cry, to talk about him, and as someone wisely advised, remember all the endearing qualities he had. As heartbroken as I have been when our beloved pets died, we always had a little ceremony to thank God for sharing His little creatures with us, and for trusting us to give them the best lives possible. Take comfort in knowing that you gave him much love and wonderful care. Now another of God's little creatures will find you some day, and you'll know that God needed someone special to care for it--and that He chose YOU. God bless and comfort you.

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are in my prayers. Your baby is in heaven playing kitty tag. He is pain free. Your pain will lessen day by bay. You did the right and unselfish thing.

doggyman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No words can ever really give comfort for the loss of a much loved pet, I wrote a poem a few years ago entitled Rainbow's End I hope the words will give you some comfort. I orginally wrote this in dedication to a lovely cat we had some years ago called Cristy who died when he was only 11 years old, it can also be adapted for the loss of much loved dog. I hope this poem gives you some comfort. If anyone wishes to print it out for their own use they are welcome but please respect that it is copyrighted. If your cat could talk I believe this is what he would have said.

RAINBOW'S END

Goodbye dear friend, you've set me free
From any pain and misery
Of aching joints and failing heart
I know it's time for us to part
You made that choice to let me go
My time has come, this I know
Long and hard you fought, you tried
Oh dear friend I know you've cried
There are some fights that can't be fought
Old age is one, youth can't be bought
No pills, no cures for passing years
Our eyes do dim as do our ears
No magic wand can 'eer bring back
That precious thing we both do lack
The will to live, to stand and fight
There is no wrong, there is no right
In meadows green I will run
To you I know I was a son
A cat I was, not a child
Now I'm free, I can run wild
That bond between us will always stay
Even though I'm far away
'Til day is done for you I'll wait
Just outside of heavens' gate
My guide has come to lead me home
Where in green fields I'm free to roam
My aches have gone, my ills they mend
In that place, called Rainbow's End

Copyright George Anderson 1999

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry about Shadow
He is looking down on you from the Rainbow Bridge though, and someday you will hold him and dance with him again.