Update, please help!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you're doing pretty well for a "first time" kitty mom. I personally tend to be on the safe side myself, and I'm paranoid about everything little thing with my cats (well, okay, not over the top but I definitely watch them for any thing I *think* might be an issue and if it worries me, they go to the vet). But, then, most of the time, it's nothing. When it comes down to it, though, I get free vet visits, because I have all of mine on a health plan, so it's *easy* and *free* for me to take them.

Anyway, the point here was... I'd be just as concerned, but one of the things that you have to remember, if she's anything like my kitties... is they'll definitely pick up on your emotions, so you'll need to remember that and remain calm and cool if you think anything is going wrong, because she'll pick up on your anxiety, it will help to stress her out.

As far as I'm concerned, though, it's better to be safe than sorry, and I see what DaniMarie is saying, because you don't want to worry yourself to death, but as long as you're calm and just double checking, I think it's a good plan. I personally would rather be overcautious and update every little thing that happens then miss something crucial and have who knows what happen.

I'm sure everything will be fine, though! Of course, "Lordy, Ms. Scarlet! I don't know nothing 'bout birthin' no babies!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if there are babies yet to be honest. We ended up having to leave town this weekend so I will find out tomorrow evening. We left late this afternoon so she will have been there alone a little over 24 hours when we get back, which I don't think is too bad.

In some ways I am worried that I'm not there just in case complications arise. I would never forgive myself for leaving her there to deal with it herself knowing she was so close if something goes wrong. On the other hand, I'm glad we AREN'T there because I am hoping that by having the apartment to herself, she will feel more comfortable and inclined to actually give birth this time instead of again holding it off. I just really wanted to be there to see it!

I'm sure everything will go fine and I expect to walk in tomorrow to see kittens suckling from her. I will be anxious though until the moment I actually DO see that...or just see her still pregnant!

I will let you know tomorrow though. CONGRATS AGAIN ON YOUR GIRL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

help!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got home from work today and she was in the litterbox. It didn't seem like she had eaten very much at all. When she got out of the box she was very loving (but that's normal) and a glob of white discharge with a slight hint of pink came out of her. I opened up the cabinet under the bathroom sink (my husband must have forgotten to leave it open this morning) and she went in immediately and laid in the back and started licking herself. That was about 30-40 minutes ago and she is still in there.

Could be something, could be nothing...but I will let you know either way!

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope it's something (for your sake and sanity
). I know this must be really hard for you waiting, I would probably be going nuts by now!