Update on the babies and LittleOne

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nursedoggett

Where the dent is in her tail is where it was broken. It is stuck in that bended position, but she has no sensation.
my Firefox's tail looks like that, but she can move the tip. i have no idea how hers got that way - i rescued her @ about 4-6 weeks old, & it was already like that.
your Lucky is a pretty girl - sarahp has a tailless cat [i think she was born that way] & another member whose name i can't remember had the tail of one of hers amputated for the same reason as you - the tail just hung there, lifeless.

nursedoggett

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, we just got back from the vet. The surgery is in the morning, with Lucky spending the night tonight. the are going to take her tail down to the next vertebra. He said other than her tail, she looks great. Her labs were good and poo negative for worms.

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nursedoggett

How did he handle the bandage?
Quite well, much to my surprise.

HOWEVER, he was an orange tom kitten, so active, I though he needed an exhorcist' I think he was just too busy raising havock and mayhem to even notice the bandage

He seemed to ignor it but I don't know if that is typical, I think probably not, I just lucked out, there.