update on snowwhite's first night in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is still doing really good!! she purrs when i talk to her, and every time she sees me she starts eating... i'm not sure what that is about! I'm going to post some pics in a little bit of the stuff i bought to see if it is good to use!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm reading hissy's post about her pregant feral now...how awful
maybe if everyone can start praying that snow white has a good birthing that will help.
i sure hope she can do this by herself. I'm going to post some new belly pics. She looks even bigger then yesterday. I'm going to have to give my vet a call and make sure i have emergancy numbers on hand and see if i can dig up some money to get her in.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just checked
the other board i got to a message pops up when you have pms so i always forget to check them here :LOL:

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone used critter care natural bedding for small animals? I just picked some up at walmart. It is supposed to be better than pine and cedar and contains no aromatic oils or hydrocarbons. I was wondering if anyone has used this, and if it would make a good bedding for snowwhite to have her kittens in?

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
almost forgot. the kittie gods are smiling on me. My grammie just slipped my hubby more the enough money to take snow white to the vet
so i'm going to get her a night appoinment this week....do you think she will hate me for this?

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whee!! That is great news!

Keep us posted! The vet may be able to x-ray her and give you an idea of how many kittens to expect.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm going to drive you crazy! now only am i worried about her hating me but she has the almost healed...~*maybe*~ bite mark on her back. you don't think they would do anything like say she has to be put to sleep because she might have rabies? would she be showing signs already. the hair is starting to grow back, so it is pretty old.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to the CDC, rabies will show up, and will be noticeable to even an untrained observer, in an exposed animal within 10 days, usually by 3-5 days. If the cut/bite is almost healed,I would say she should be safe. Hope that helps ease one of your worries!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes that makes me feel much much MUCH better!! thank you!!

and here is a new belly pic! I swear she looks bigger by the hours :LOL:

there are two more posted on here story page, the link is in my siggie. I hope i can get in to the vet on tuesday. I think that is when they are open late!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea i can't beleave how HUGE she looks. I hope i can get her to the vet in time! I really don't want to stress her out is she is close to the kittens coming. I wonder when!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!!! She is huge!!!! WOW!!! She won't hate you...she might wonder what is going on, but they get over it quickly enough. And the vet will probably want to give her rabies shot, although I'm not sure if they can do that with her being pregnant, I don't know if that would matter or not, they might have to wait on that...I am so not good at this kind of information...I always leave it up to the experts here, like Hissy!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the link!!

even if they don't do anything too her, i guess it would be good for her to go in. just so they can feel her tummy and look her over. Also i can talk to the vet about a deal to get her and the kitties fixed! I still can't beleave this is happening! feels like a really weird dream.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting her to the vet is the best thing. You will get an idea of how far along she is, possibly the number of kittens to expect, and also can discuss with the vet what to do about kitten care once they're born.

When my vet heard the story behind Lilith and her kittens (she was pregnant when we adopted her from the SPCA, a big surprise to us!), he offered to spay any kittens we kept at the SPCA rate. Well, we kept all 6, so that was a tremendous savings! There are great and compassionate vets out there. You can also ask if there is a "Good Samaritan discount", which some vets give re: rescued cats.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that would be so great if our vet did something like that!!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is not eating half as much as normal this morning, and she keeps meowing at me loadly. She used her litter box...but missed and the bottom of the crate was all wet, so i had to clean that up. I the bottom of one of those big enclosed litter pans in there with some animal bedding (create comfort or something like that, it is supposed to be better then cedar and pine). I really think the kittens are going to come soon. I might not be one much today because we have to try to find my dog!!!

frisky feline

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh boy! I missed out the good news over the weekend!! congrats!! by the way, I know i don't read the whole of the story. Is mama cat okay in the cage for a few days? I do not know much about pregnant feral being happy in cage and can't move around much.. Because i want to know what to do with preg ferel in the future if i find them like your situation.

I am very excited to read your update on whitesnow..

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Princess Purr, how's it going with Snowwhite? Is she OK? Have you gotten her to the Vet, or are you going tonight? I've been thinking about all of you!!!!!