Update on SKittles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens moving feels a bit like bobbing potatoes (to me). Contraction will feel like she's balling up round and hard.

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

ok laying here with her and I can not tell if it is the babies or if it is her having a contraction...

Her tummy is waving I hope it makes since... It is like a wave a surfer would hope on and ride till the end... It was really cool to see
How do I know if it was the babies or not...Usually I see them kicking I dont right now cause of the waves or is this it.....
Boy O' Boy I really hope this is it! Sounds promising but it has seemed like it for a long time now giggle, I cannot wait to hear about the babies!!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Chances are, since Skittles only has 8 nipples, and she has a bazillion kittens, she very well could divide the litter into groups, and do a feeding rotation. Or, while 6 or 8 are nursing, you could be filling the other's tummies with KMR. Once they are done, they can latch onto the teats for that colostrum that is so crucial.
Well, my foster Momma Sarabi is such a supermom that she actually has an extra nipple! Of course, it is close enough to another nipple that one kitten would pig them both...but if she still had milk and we were neighbors, I'd be tempted to loan her to you! LOL!

I think if there is a very large litter, there is the possibility of losing one or two, but with all the great care she has gotten, and the supplemental feedings, she may just have a whole pile of healthy babies.

Jenny, be sure to take care of yourself and your foot. Due to the advice from so many here at TCS, and your great (and gorgeous) vets, Skittles kittens have the best chance possible of doing just fine!

P.S. I type slow...as I was typing it sounds like it is happening! Yay!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is like rolling from the top to her bum... She is needing my jacket so much it is now hers.....

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope has 11 nipples, It looks just plain extraterrestrial to be honest....So her babies have tons of choices, probably why they are little fatties...They are eating hard kibble & still nursing lol. They also litter trained just lovely! Thank Goodness! Ok off on a different subject, My apologies.....

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From my experience with persians, it sounds VERY close. It shouldn't be too long now. It was also raining outside when Rudy gave birth to her one healthy kitten. She is having contractions I do believe. The way you can tell is to put your hand on her belly. At first it will be like normal, and when she has a contraction, she will tense up and her belly will get super hard, you will know, trust me because it will go back to the way it was before the contractions after the contraction is over. I hope that makes sense....I am tired and typing is hard to do....LOL

GO SKITTLES GO-YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a better way of putting it, she will tense up into a ball bringing her feet together and then stretch all the way out again.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can not tell... SHe is alreadt big and hard to the touch I do know she is grooming so much she burped LOL.... She was doing the paw over the face and she burped.... I hope she is getting clean for birth...She has to have them now.... I need more sleep

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Even being huge and hard to start I would think if she lets you hold your hand there long enough you would feel a change. Just like in a person. I was HUGE and my belly was VERY hard but when a contraction came you could see the uterus sqeeze in and make the front of my belly like a ball and the sides went in some. so it basically just changed the overall shape......... (did that make sense?).

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I will not hold my breath she is so impossable to predict....The weather isnt helping.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10pm

She is digging at everything from the head board to the Tv and the carpet in the closet... I think she is digging herself outside LOL,,,,,,

carlabing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright Skittles:

You need to have your kittens. Cuz the way this is going ... I am going to end up with more kittens then you do (I just found another kitten today). So please ... I need my sleep! Have your babies so kittens stop finding me (the sucker that I am).

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe NOW she is in hard labor. Maybe she got pregnant on the day you finally brought her inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.