Update on SKittles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think anything tied to a newborn kitten is a good idea... JMO

If there are some that are identical you could maybe use a dab of non toxic marker in an armpit where Skittles won't wash it off to identify.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pondwader

I don't think anything tied to a newborn kitten is a good idea... JMO

If there are some that are identical you could maybe use a dab of non toxic marker in an armpit where Skittles won't wash it off to identify.
I agree too. It is very easy for kittens to strangle themselves in collars at this age.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well am back it is 6:45 and she is not liking this storm we are having. She is sitting on top of the dresser LOL so I made sides around it for her...If she gives birth on it I will know and be able to keep eye on her.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had two brown tabbies-i clipped a little hair from the butt area on one...now how good idea this is with a mom cat im not sure(will she think her kitten is "defective" or somethign?) Right now I 4 brown tabbies...ones way darker, one is FAT and the other two I can tell apart during day but I keep a collar on the nicer one-Julie just cause at night I don't want to pick up the wrong one as shelby doesnt like to be held or pet on back. RJ

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try my hardest to keep giving everyone a update but the wind is bad... It is so bad my dad had to get everything off my porch..... Skittles is stuck to me like glue... She can hear the wind thru the storm windows... I am not sure if this will hault her labor or not....... I will pray it doesn't

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, my cats get all bizarro during thunderstorms too. I actually like them, and look forward to watching and listening to the crappy weather, but that's just me.

Well, Skittle-me-skittlets (I think we have a new nickname here, people), the hour of birth is approaching.
Here's something you can read directly to her, maybe with some pom-poms, or a megaphone.

SKITTLES TO-DO LIST:

1. Get to contracting a bit more.
2. Nibble on some kibble. Or KMR...whichever tickles your fancy.
3. Go potty. Please be sure to adequately bury it for your meowmy...it's the right thing to do.
4. After potty, please prepare whichever nest you deem suitable for the main attraction.
5. After you settle in your nest, kindly release your mucous plug...and if the mood takes you, please expel some amniotic fluid.
6. Once this happens, you may feel oddly compelled to lick your unmentionables. Don't worry. We understand your compulsion to do this.
7. Please make some warning signals (some meowing would be appropriate for this situation) to your meowmy, so that she can make her human preparations.
8. You may note at this point that there may be a strange being or creature emerging from your you-know-where. Don't be alarmed. This is normal.
9. Once you have released the first "kitten" (as we humans like to refer to them), you may proceed with steps 1-8, roughly 9-12 more times.
10. Please do not forget to snack upon the afterbirths of the kittens. It is tasty, and quite appetizing to your species.
11. Once the kittens have been delivered, prepare for an entirely new set of instructions, titled, "What to Expect The First 8 Weeks: A Feline Guide to Child-Rearing (1st ed.)"

Thank you, and have a pleasant evening.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW All of that was educational in a very comical way... I hope she starts doing something besides clinging to me... I think she knew it was coming before I left to get dinner. I am sure of it. It started on the way home....

I hope she is saying ok babies come out so I can have 1 less thing to worry about... I think am going to have to move her but she is content in the closet on the dresser... I am hoping once she starts labor she will go down to the box..

shadow_kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i hate the utah summer storms. it sounds like the world is going to end ... and can last all night but will take 5 mins it will be light and sunny.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was fine and sunny till hr ago....

SHe is roaming again I know she is not happy with the wind... I hope she settles down... She has given me no signs of labor but she wont sit still

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK this is what I did to get her to calm down....

I layed down my all black soft soft jacket she loves it.....I will remove it when she starts to have babies but as soon as she saw me do that she jumped to the nest and rearranged it... Walked in 50 + circles messed it around some more.... Walked in a few more circles and then messed some more and is now laying on it rolling like I just gave her the best present of her life... Do ya think she will stay now... I am also sitting in the corner with her

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GL with the jacket! hope you have time to move it before she has the babies on it. heheee

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
honestly if not it is ok she is happy and is now settling down...

Only thing is when I move she goes and drags me back.....Now it is pouring....

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Wow, Elsa's kittens were actually ahead of the program with their weight! A 4 lb-er in a litter of 8? That's so cool! Usually the average kitten weighs 3-3.4 oz. at birth, so that's extraordinary when they arrive in larger numbers.
You silly! I said 4 ounces! You had me going though!

Thinking of Skittles...

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is licking her back and tummy so much it is making gross noises...... Never heard her do that before yuck....

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok laying here with her and I can not tell if it is the babies or if it is her having a contraction...

Her tummy is waving I hope it makes since... It is like a wave a surfer would hope on and ride till the end... It was really cool to see
How do I know if it was the babies or not...Usually I see them kicking I dont right now cause of the waves or is this it.....

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes it's aggravating when they continually lick, But if you think that is gross, You just wait till she starts chewing on placentas....

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
are the "waves" in a set "pattern" like every 30 seconds, 5 min. or just here and there with no set pattern? I would think if it was contractions it would be evenly spaced and the kittens would just be sporatic

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LMAO on the placenta's! hahaaa. yeah that was really nasty when I saw it at about 11 yrs old! hahaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.