Update on SKittles

Status
Not open for further replies.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is after 10 pm so far nothing just her nesting and hiding... I hope it still means tonight

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for contractions to last as long as they have? Seems like she's been contracting for a long time

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as they are far apart he said yes but if they are strong no... Sort of like braxton hicks I take it

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been glued to this thread for a week now wondering when Skittles would have her babies. I did not have time to post
as I was on baby watch as well, my girl was day 68 (early morning) when she delivered. Anyway, that is why I have not posted here but I am always reading and hoping she has had her kittens.

Sounds like Skittles is in the early stage of labor.
My girls get to pacing and meowing and restless, they usually have the kittens a few hours later.

GO Skittkes GO.....tonight is your night to shine.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is on the floor with her belly in the air and her arm legs spread out sort of like she wants me to trace her body... She did go eat and drink
SO once again I think she is teasing me.. I dont know
what to think she is so darn stubborn...

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Yep she takes her time... SHe found the window and is hanging from it
There is something she is watching or she just wants out...
When a cat is dying they want out to die away from everyone. She is probably in so much pain she thinks she needs to hide and that is why she wants out!

YOU have kids! Can you remember what YOU felt like when YOU were in labor?!!!!

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

When a cat is dying they want out to die away from everyone. She is probably in so much pain she thinks she needs to hide and that is why she wants out!

poor baby! *pets Skittles*

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

Yes but she does not seem to be in distress....She is not panting... She did eat and dring a little. She went potty....

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone take a nap I am
I have camera set up in case she goes in to hard labor

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is going to have them this weekend... They definatly are going to be memorial weekend kittens!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep going Skittles - I am travelling tomorrow so won't be able to check in, please please have them int he next 24 hours!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

This is my first time entering this thread. I definitly haven't got time to go through it all. So can anyone give me a quick overview?
Wellington...very brief synopsis:

1. Around May 15 or 16 (just about when I joined TCS) it was announced that Skittles will be having around 9+ kittens as confirmed by a vet...
2. However, no-one was certain of HOW many days Skittles had been pregnant - the X Ray was done at the assumed 50 days of pregnancy
3. For the past 7 days or so, labour and delivery appeared imminent due to the fact that Skittles was doing ALL the right things eg. grooming, nesting, going to the loo etc.
4. I, in my imminent wisdom (that is, complete stupidity) started a pool on date, time and no. of kittens
5. There is now some crazy Skittles watchers (myself incl.) whom are just waiting on Skittles to give birth as we would all like a safe delivery
6. Skittles appears now to be ready to kitten her kittens!

lisab917

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The family just left for the airport and I had to come check this out. I think I'm kind of glad that she hasn't gone into active labor so that I can go abck to bed!
She can get busy around 7am

Hope Skittles is getting lots of sleep because she definitely will need it!

Meanwhile, my little kitty momma is back in heat and sharing that with me at all hours of the night!

Status
Not open for further replies.