Update on SKittles

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Skittles, Skittles doo, where are you? I'm so anxious to know if there's any colors of the rainbow yet????I hope everything is going good for you both!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now Skittles, I know your just loving all of the extra attention your gettng honey, but come on sweetheart it's time to have those kitties so that you and Meowmy and everyone else can enjoy them.
So come on Skittles have those babies so we can all get back to our lives! Pleeeaase!!!!

Momof3rugratz how are you doing?

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow I went out tonight and figured for sure when I got home there would be an update!

peppy_le_mew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Ok got it and she was not mad at all. Like I said she is in a super good mood. My son did scuff her but she did great. Her temp is 100
wonder why it went up a smidge yesturday it was 99.9 I think I do beleive it is unaccurate., but like vet said it will at least alert us to a fever so I will use it for that instead of sign for labor.
Hi...checking up on Skittles...I did read this on the Cat Site, about the temp...so..I wouldn't worry too much----"Gestation or the length of pregnancy of a cat averages 64 days. It is generally between 62 and 67 days or about nine or ten weeks. If your cat has been pregnant more than 67 days, consult your vet immediately!

If you would like to be present when your cat has her kittens, begin to take your cat's temperature two weeks before her due date. Do it at the same time every day. Your cat's temperature should be between 101 and 102. Fahrenheit. When your cat's temperature drops below 100F (98- 95F) she should deliver her kittens in less than twenty-four hours. The temperature is best taken rectally, ear thermometers though less invasive, are not all that accurate. Lubricate the thermometer with petroleum jelly. Gently and slowly insert the thermometer into the rectum about 1inch. If it does not slide in easily, do not force it.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she was taking the temp in her bum for a couple of days...it just didn't prove to be a reliable predictor for her. She said at her vet appointment, however, that he felt that Skittles would most likely deliver in the next 24-48 hours, the way things were looking...and he did wipe up some discharge too, if I'm remembering things correctly.

Maybe we're having kittens now...and she's tied up...or taking Skittles in for a C-sections, or some such thing!!! I'll be sooooooooo thrilled for both of them once the babies have been born!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm off to bed...can't believe there hasn't been another posting tonight! Good luck to Skittles! (And her meowmy!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sleeping on the floor with Skittles. SHe is all over me with kisses and snuggles and get this in her nest box. I am going to take her temp again in a few min....She has been doing a lot of grooming and yes in that area there was a littel discharge and it isnt to easy for her to clean up now
I figured I would leave her a few min... She is driving me nuts...

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Woohooo!!! She's back!

I'm curious as to her temp... maybe it's as dropped as it's going to get? I've had some fool me that way. It is important though, in case she develops a fever, which, although I hate to say it, could indicate a kitten has died and the rest need to get out asap if that happens.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GL with the temp!

RATS my guess has passed once again. LOL My next (3rd) guess was the 22nd but not sure she will make it till then. LOL

But will do it anyways. the 22nd 5 a.m. 12 kittens. (my anni, today was hubby's b-day. LOL)

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WOW! I have been done all day today and thought for sure I would come home and get to see pics of Skittles' babies!!!! Maybe when I wake up in the morning she will of had them. I think this is worse than when I was waiting on Sponge to have her babies. LOL I know this is worse than when I was waiting to go into labor with my own babies. LOL

How long has she been having the discharge?

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I have`nt been here checking for a couple days.....HAS`NT THAT POOR CAT HAD THOSE KITTENS YET??????
Are you SURE she does`nt just have a really bad case of WORMS????
Linda
(Just kidding!)

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday

KittyCity81,May 20th 10:30pm,7 kittens
Wookie130, May 20th, 11:30 pm, 8 kittens

Sunday
Abymummy May 21st, 2am, 12 kittens
zak&rocky 6:00 a.m. skittles time 9 kits
cook&company, May 21,6:36 am, 10 kittens
Renny May 21st, 11am, 9 kittens
jamasmom May 21, 3pm 9 kitties
shadow_kitty May 21st, 8:34pm, 10 kittens
Goosehazel May 21st 3:45p.m, 6 kittens
Celestialrags May 21, 9.11 pm, 7 kittens

Monday
spikesmom May 22, 9:30am 10 kittens

Tuesday
etcrame May23, 11.59am, 8 kittens (actually, it said before noon EST)

Wednesday
psjauntie's hubby May 24, 11.42am, 8 kittens
lucyloo May24, 12 am, 11 kittens
wookie130 May24, 11.30 pm, 8 kittens (2nd choice, is that allowed???)

I put in a new guess and took out the ones that have passed... Sounds like she will go in 24 hours but I'm sure we've thought that before!

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Saturday

KittyCity81,May 20th 10:30pm,7 kittens
Wookie130, May 20th, 11:30 pm, 8 kittens

Sunday
Abymummy May 21st, 2am, 12 kittens
zak&rocky 6:00 a.m. skittles time 9 kits
cook&company, May 21,6:36 am, 10 kittens
Renny May 21st, 11am, 9 kittens
jamasmom May 21, 3pm 9 kitties
shadow_kitty May 21st, 8:34pm, 10 kittens
Goosehazel May 21st 3:45p.m, 6 kittens
Celestialrags May 21, 9.11 pm, 7 kittens

Monday
junior67 May 22, 5 a.m. 12 kittens
spikesmom May 22, 9:30am 10 kittens

Tuesday
etcrame May23, 11.59am, 8 kittens (actually, it said before noon EST)

Wednesday
psjauntie's hubby May 24, 11.42am, 8 kittens
lucyloo May24, 12 am, 11 kittens
wookie130 May24, 11.30 pm, 8 kittens (2nd choice, is that allowed???)

I added my new guess too. 3rd time is the charm right??????? LOL hoping she doesn't go till Mon! but took the "special" dates around here and used those. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am + she does not have worms she has 9 kittens LOL...

Ok I did the temp it is 100.2
So no temp and I hope this is inaccurate to tell when.. I had to take it 2x The first was 99.4 I wanted to make sure and it was then 100.2 She was squirmy the 2nd x. I do know her poor belly is almost bald where the nipples are poor thing. She is grooming like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.