Update on sick grandaughter

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Had to look that up. Mega for Mattie - hopefully this will be resolved asap!
Heavens, I looked it up too. Sending best wishes to the poor little bunny.

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Holding good thoughts and prayers for Mattie's speedy recovery. Poor girl. Sending prayers to Mattie's family during this awful ordeal too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, Thanks for all the prayers and vibes. It is truly a nightmare. Her peed admitted her to the hospital, only to say he's not convinced it is SJS. Yet that is what he admitted her for. The head resident who said. Of course it is....itis textbook. It is what she has. Fighting for everything. We found diagnosis before the doctors. I guess they don't like that.

My daughter fired her peed yesterday. Hospital was going to deny the request until they found out how he was not following the protcol for SJS. He may also loose his privilages for not visiting the hospital yesterday, nor did his np. That is a BIG no no.

We found the SJS Foundation. Wonderful support and information. It was after my daughter spoke to the lady that she fired the peed. All of a sudden, all the right things are being done. I can't go int specifics now, but there have been a lot of mistakes and protocol ignored by this peed. She is now under the care of the hospital doctors. Thank God!

She has been on a morphine drip, but has started itching, so they are trying other things. She was able to eat a bit of ice cream last night. They give her a magic mouthwash to dull the pain in her mouth so that allowed her to eat. Amazing....her former peed had it ordered for midnight. A lot of good that does then.

Again thanks so much. I never underestimate the power of prayer. Her face is getting better. I hope she has no scarring. There are only 3 doctors in our state who have experience with this and they are about 5 hours from here. Sigh. We will get through this with your help. Please keep Matt in your prayers if you are inclined or send vibes. She sure misses her kitties...Timmi, Cookie, Stan, Mighty, Beefy and Taco. And the goats, chickens, bunnies, ducks. She is a little farm kid who would rather be with an animal than a computer any day!! If anyone would like to send Matt a card, you could PM me and I will tell you where to send it. Any animal card would bring a smile to her face, even if it is hard to smile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Matt is coming home tonight or tomorrow.
She had an amazing turn around in the last 24 hors or so. Eating is still difficult, but she is going to be on a high caloric formula, Boost or something like that. They will need a tutor for a couple of weeks to catch her up on school. She was only in school 6 days so far.

You all are so nice to take the time to send thoughts and vibes and prayers.

There are 6 kitties and a pet chicken and dog that are going to be very happy!

Thanks ever so much. You guys are the best.

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What wonderful news! I'm so glad she's under the care of a doctor who knows how to treat her illness!

That's the thing about doctors - they didn't all graduate at the top of their class, and sometimes they think they're the jack of all diseases when they're not.

Continued prayers for Mattie

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor Mattie
I'm sorry that I am so late in reading this thread - that poor child
I am glad that you have a diagnosis and have linked up with a support group. I have a niece that has Crohn's and it is a real challenge (no overnights with friends; getting teachers to allow impromtu bathroom breaks without waiting for permission; long distance travel is a nightmare, etc). And the sympathy level for these kids can be much less than say, blindness, or cancer (not that those don't deserve plenty of sympathy,too), which ups the frustration level for both the child and family.
I am sending mega prayers that Mattie's condition is soon controlled and hopefully cured

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What great news! So glad she's well enough to come home and that the new doctors seem to know what's going on. Hope she's able to get caught up at school and that life gets back to normal for her soon.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so happy she's coming home! I had missed your update until tonight, but I was just thinking of her today.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear Mattie and family are finally getting the treatment and support they need!! Sounds like they may have a handle on it finally. Sending more healing vibes her way..