update on pg cat from petsmart!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
its about 3 am now... vet never called so i think she delivered the baby/babies from the shot. oh btw the kitten (she delivered here) is a boy kitten, i dont know if i ever posted that! tomorrow morning first thing i find out something i will definately post!!!! ty so much for your vibes/concerns/ and helpfulness throughout the whole thing!!!!

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
great news! she had the other kitten last night at the vet w/ two shots of whatever it is to enduce her! they all seem to be doing fine but she keeps looking at me and meowing, i think she is still momma's baby girl and she wants me to comfort her or something. i can tell she is really tired/antsy so i may just sleep with her in here. she keeps coming over and wanting me to pet her/letting me pet her whenever i want, but the second she hears those babies she is back with them! she is being an wonderful mother! she doesnt have a problem with me picking up the kittens either. oh yeah btw they are both boys!!!!!! one black (like his momma) and one gray. im going to try and just watch her and not be overly paranoid!!!
ty everyone so much for all of your help last night!!!!! kittie

P.S. should we put a heating pad (wrapped in towels)under the kittens so they dont get cold while sasha goes to get out of the box. also is it ok if i put the food dish in the box with her so she doesnt have to go so far away from the kittens to eat and she can nurse and eat at the same time?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the babies!

Personally, I wouldn't put the food in the kitty box. I think it will make a mess. And I'm concerned about heating pads, because kittens can get too warm or too cold. I think it is best to keep the room nice and warm, and have a cozy nest. If you do put a heating pad in, make sure they are able to easily crawl off it if they get too warm.

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah i had the kitten food in there while i was watching her and i could tell she was starving but i removed it and just put it right next to the box. i decided no on the heating pad bc im just too worried it will get too hot like you said.. sasha keeps meowing until i come and pet her and as soon as i start petting her she stops! its wierd any ideas on why she is doing that?? i think she needs me to take care of her too since she is still so young and like i think i said before.. she was my shadow when she was pregnant and always loved it when i had my hand on her belly feeling the babies.. guess she just wants some loving too and support and her momma since she went through a lot! heheh poor thing

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well we want to name one stockholm but we arent sure yet, got to see who gets to keep them before we really decide to name them.

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok so sasha is working on moving the kittens and she only moved one over to where the litter box is (next to it) and then she picked it up and moved it back to the box and didnt even think about moving the other kitten, why would she do that??? i think its weird

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well i am going to stop worrying about what she is doing any why bc i probably will never truely know what she is doing. she is taking good care of them so i have no doubt she can take care of them while i take a nap. ty so much for all your help!!!! i cant stress that enough. but i still have a question bout her meowing at me until i come and pet her.... any thoughts on that?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never put heating pads in the kitten box. They had two layers of towels inside a pillow case. The box was deep sided with one opening for mom to get in/out. And I covered the cage with a sheet on 3 sides to keep drafts out.

The kittens have no problem keeping warm when mom's away if the box is out of any drafts.