Update on Maia, the vet called last night....

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He told me her fungal test was positive
, she has Ringworm
! My baby has Ringworm, and I have no idea how this could happen! He was so sure it wasn't Ringworm when he examined her, the area is 80% better after antibiotics, cortisone shot, and cleaning, I thought she was in the clear
. Now I have to topically treat the area with a spray, which isn't as bad as what she endured the past week, and they said it should clear up pretty fast.
I literally have no idea how she got this! I am a clean freak! The only thing I can think of is our back rooftop garden which I keep very clean, potted plants, and she never digs in to anything. However it has been the wettest summer EVER in NYC, and maybe just from her hanging outback for the max 30 minutes a day, on the very clean rooftop, she caught this? My vet said he doubts it, don't restrict her exercise, but I honestly don't know where else she could have gotten this. She has occasionally run out in the hallway when I open the apartment door for at the most 20 seconds, and there are other animals in the building, but she never has a chance to do anything more then run out look around and run back in.
I just want my beautiful girl, who if you know her, you know she knows how beautiful she is, to get better!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW, somehow I missed the original thread! Oh sweet beautiful Maia!

This really is odd! So many strange skin problems turning up. I really do wonder if it has to do with strange weather or something.

But at least you know what you're dealing with now! it'll clear right up!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww!!!
I think I missed the original thread too!! It's so upsetting when our babies are visited by strange things and we don't know how they got them! Glad it's been diagnosed, and many vibes that it clears up soon with this treatment!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could have also exposed her to ringworm spores from your clothing, or a guest in your home exposed her, etc.