Update on genesis' murderer...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you all know that all further updates will be found in The Cat Lounge. A fellow cat-lover here suggested it to me. I know more people will read about it in The Cat Lounge section. I do want people to realize how close to us a terrible thing like this can happen. If you think an animal's being abused or neglected, butt into the situation. If I had known my neighbor better this may not have happened. There is a distance of less than 10 feet from my door to the door that Genesis was dying behind. UNACCEPTABLE
I will now and forever look at my neighbors differently.

cosabella

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
People are very strange to me and I can't quite understand why some people behave the way they do.

I don't expect everyone to like cats, nor would I expect every owner to treat them like a family member; but the idea of vacating your home (without the intent of returning) and leaving behind a sentient creature like it was a piece of furniture is more than negligence. It's diabolical. The person must be afflicted with some cognitive disability in the region of their brain that is responsible for common sense.

Bellaandme, do you think that your former neighbor might have thought that the landlord would have discovered the cat a few days after she left? I would think that when a tenant leaves, the landlord surveys the apartment.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cosabella

Bellaandme, do you think that your former neighbor might have thought that the landlord would have discovered the cat a few days after she left? I would think that when a tenant leaves, the landlord surveys the apartment.
That's a very good question! That thought would give me a glimpse of some humanity in her, but I don't think so. There wasn't any reason for the landlord to enter her apartment. She never gave him any notice that she was moving. I've tried to think of reasons to give her the benefit of the doubt because I don't want to think there are people like this in the world. The ONLY excuse would be foul play in which something terrible had happened to her, rendering her unable to care for the cat. My heart would soften for her then. I believe she wanted the cat to die. I mean, my God, she could've called Animal Control and at least given this cat a chance to eat, and drink and live! I pray the authorities BAN her from ever having any more pets!! And I also pray she gets help BEFORE she brings children into this world!!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cosabella

I wondered that too.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the time the landlord got to inspect the apartment (after I woke him up at 4 AM) it was too late--for Genesis.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

The landlord has talked to her mom AND she's OK. The picture was found in a box of junk in the middle of the bedroom floor.
No foul play--just a new boy friend she wanted to go live with--who didn't like cats...I would be very willing to "talk" with her. For about 15 minutes--in a locked room.
Originally Posted by KTLynn

I'd like to know what the mom's reaction was to what the landlord told her. Unless she's as soulless as her daughter, her heart must be breaking for this poor little cat as well as the knowledge that her own child has no heart, no compassion. How awful this is.
Definitely it would be nice to talk to the mother - AND the girl. I would probably end up in jail.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'l probably get the opportunity to talk to the mom in the future. I can't blame her. I'm sorry she lost her cat in such a brutal way. The fact that it was her own girls heartless action that caused it is probably breaking her heart. When I found out that she was in a wheelchair my anger toward her decreased alittle bit. Maybe she couldn't take care of her baby anymore. Her daughter obviously grew up with this cat. If there were no signs of abuse then why would she have reason to be suspicious?
I would like to just ask this ex-neighbor, "Why?'
But knowing why won't bring Genesis back, or EVER justify her actions. So I just concentrate of keeping the faith and hope alive.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was rich, I would start up some kind of foundation in Genesis' name where monetary rewards were dolled out to people who report abused animals.

It would be the Genesis Foundation for Neglected and Abandoned Cats.

I am heartsick over this.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

If I was rich, I would start up some kind of foundation in Genesis' name where monetary rewards were dolled out to people who report abused animals.

It would be the Genesis Foundation for Neglected and Abandoned Cats.

I am heartsick over this.
Oh, thank you so much sweetie. What a wonderful and kind thought!! I'm so glad I got to tell Genesis that WE ALL loved her. She wasn't alone anymore and neither was I...