Update On Dipper’s “ringworm”

uhmkyrstin

Mama to a Purrfect Kitten
Young Cat
Purraise
so guys, I finally gathered enough cash to take dipper to the vet. and what do you know. no ringworm. the vet said she would check him with the woods lamp and if it came back negative she would do a culture unless she looked at it and was 100% positive that he had no ringworm. so she comes back and tells me that she is 100% sure it isn’t, because he has ear mites. she said that ear mites make kittens/cats scratch.. in all the places dipper just so happen to be missing clumps of hair. she dewormed him and gave him a medicine for fleas, heart worms, and other parasites and said that should clear him up. i am just beyond relieved to have been wrong about fungus... but feeling a little guilty for self diagnosing him. but on a good note, he’s happy and going to get better, and he did AMAZING at the vet, didn’t make a peep and sat where he was put. stayed still for the thermometer, scale, and nail clipping. (only weighs 1.8 lbs!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uhmkyrstin

Mama to a Purrfect Kitten
Young Cat
Purraise
stephanietx stephanietx lavishsqualor lavishsqualor Thank you both for your comments! I was sad to know he had mites this whole time and I had no idea, but I’m glad that the meds the vet gave him will knock out all his problems! :cloud9: