update on bad situation

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you and bless that cat - and whatever happens, know that this cat has received so much love in the last few days, thanks to your big heart and kind soul.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is fab news, well done you. Hopefully this poor chap can be helped and listen, even if he can't he will have had the best of care and will not be suffering like he was. I am sure he will be ok Vets can work miracles, your prayer worked last time, I will say one for you. Please keep us updated, what a wonderful person you are. x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW you guys have me crying again - thats all i did yesterday.

This one woman is wondering if its a skin condition of somesort - maybe a cyst that he bit open.... anyway he'll be going to the vet on monday cause even though she thought it was really bad she thinks he will be ok.... (from what shes seen in her experience). Plus another "angel" from this organization called all hte vets in the area with no luck of finding an appointment today anyway.

She also said he will be leukemia tested and then its up to me if I want to save him or not - but she thinks its best to put him down if he were positive.

I know not to get too excited at this point cause then ill be devastated if its bad news...

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your support - you have NO clue how much I REALLY need it!!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an ANGEL and prayers and vibes do work! How wonderful of the organization to help you and this kitty!

for him..... and please keep us posted!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD JOB!!!!!!!

You did a wonderful thing for this poor little guy, please keep us updated on how his vet visit goes. I wish there were more people like you in the world.

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If he is positive chances are everyone else is too. I wouldn't put him down because he is leukemia positive. Did she say why she thinks it's best to put him down if he's positive?

Attitude and Nuts my inside kitties are both leukemia positive and so are at least 5 out of the 6 outside cats, Mama, Biter, Runt, Goldie Jr and Half-tail(they are all related Mama is Biter's mom and the others grandma and Biter is mom to Runt, Half-tail and Goldie Jr, plus Attitude and Nuts) not sure if Blue is positive or not since he just showed up one day and decided to stay. Personally I wouldn't put him down just because of leukemia.

Ignore the statistics and go with your heart. I wouldn't put him down because of leukemia if they can fix his neck wound. Like I said chances are everyone is positive and I doubt you want everyone put down.

I'm biased about this just because of how many humane societies and rescues kill cats simply because they have leukemia.

I'd just really like to know what her(rescue person) reasoning as to why it would be best to put him down if he's positive. I know a lot of vets and others think it's best to kill them but they can live happy lives for whatever time they have left.

If he is suffering and he can't be saved due to his neck wound then I would put him to sleep but not just because he has leukemia.

for a negative leukemia test. Lord knows I would have loved to hear that with Attitude and Nuts.

Mama and Biter both(well 3 of them but Goldie disappeared one day and was never seen again and Callie, the other female found a new home) were fixed after the first kitten boom over the summer, 4 mother cats, and one neighborhood tom made 15 kittens) have been here for over a year and the kittens were born in June and everyone is happy and healthy. The only issue I've had was Mama had a rectal prolapse(totally unrelated to leukemia) that had to be fixed, but that is it. Give him a chance.

Taryn

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Taryn (good luck w/ your cats)
Actually I wanted to send a message on Saturday and didnt have a chance.

He was actually taken to the vet on saturday and he's fine!!!!

Im waiting to see what the reason for hte wound is. The woman who picked him up from me didnt take him to the vet so shes calling the dr. today to find out the info.

I DONT think he did have the leukemia test... I guess this woman didnt think to ask for it... but I will keep that info in mind if any of these cats ever need the test.

I asked her about possibly adopting him but they are at full capacity. Once we know if this was a bite wound - we'll see what options we have. I REALLY want him back - but not if he's being attacked. To me it makes sense to take him back and then see if it happens again and THEN let them take him (if possible). She said he could be attacked again and not survive ONE attack.... so i just dont know what to do...

thanks again to ALL!!!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by m935

Thanks Taryn (good luck w/ your cats)
Actually I wanted to send a message on Saturday and didnt have a chance.

He was actually taken to the vet on saturday and he's fine!!!!

Im waiting to see what the reason for hte wound is. The woman who picked him up from me didnt take him to the vet so shes calling the dr. today to find out the info.

I DONT think he did have the leukemia test... I guess this woman didnt think to ask for it... but I will keep that info in mind if any of these cats ever need the test.

I asked her about possibly adopting him but they are at full capacity. Once we know if this was a bite wound - we'll see what options we have. I REALLY want him back - but not if he's being attacked. To me it makes sense to take him back and then see if it happens again and THEN let them take him (if possible). She said he could be attacked again and not survive ONE attack.... so i just dont know what to do...

thanks again to ALL!!!!
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!
Could you keep him inside?

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
.... changing my last post. things have changed a bit..

She still hasnt spoken to the vet. But if its a bite they dont want him back outside. I feel bad for him and the others because he was really close to a few of them (I caught him sleeping with the mean Tom cat one afternoon).

So that really bums me out - i thought for sure hed just go back out.

It also means that the only option is for me to bring him inside. So, Im going to do it. If my bf oks it - i do have a room i can use...

I just imagine a stray/feral jumping off hte walls.. so im SOOO nervous about that - not to mention the (slow) introduction to MY cat.

But at this point its really all i can do - otherwise they will have to take him.

They will have him tested for leukemia sometime before I do this btw.