Update on Andy

jadekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your Andy. I know how you feel - I lost my Mimi last August and it was the hardest thing ever. Just know that they're in a better place. I found this little poem online and thought it would be of some small comfort:

FIRST DAY IN HEAVEN

Is Heaven all you asked of it,
O little cat? Did Peter fit
A halo for your graceless head?
Is there a quilt for your special bed,
And a bowl of cream just out of reach
Of your thieving paw? Or do They teach
You not to steal in Paradise?
Does the flapping of Their wings entice?
Do you scamper and swing on a golden fence,
Or are They teaching you reverence?
And are there really golden thrones
Up there? Or do the Mighty Ones
Have nice fat chairs that you can claw
And tear and snag with an impious paw?
And do the angels understand
That a little cat in a lonely land
Still longs for a kiss and a friendly cuff?

Celestial joys are not enough.
Please, some small saint in shining white,
Hold him close in your arms tonight.

-AUTHOR UNKNOWN Submitted by Aida Alicata
(c) PET PRIDE, P.O. Box 1055, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Know this - your Andy is in very good company up there! We are here for you if you need to talk!

Much love,

K&J, Mishu & Jo
:angel2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Blue & JadeKitty:

Thank you for the poems. I have actually posted a poem in memory of Andy on the Literature Forum. Please check it out.

To Everyone one else I once again want to thank you for your thoughts. This is a very hard time for me. I miss him so much. I brought Andy to a couple of Cat Shows and all of his ribbons are hanging in my living room and he has a special award for being the 8th best Household pet kitten in Tica Last year. I want to tear the ribbons down cause everytime I see them it reminds me of what a sweet cat he was. I won't take them down because now it is a memorial to him. I just can't stand it. I want him back so bad. Nightime is hard too because he used to sit on my lap when I was watching TV and sleep with me at night. He was always be with me in my heart.

Michele

vlinder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Michele I am so dearly sorry you lost your little one! What a terrible ordeal to have gone through for the last half of the month! My love goes out to you for your baby that never found his way home. I could only imagine the same devastation that would occur if I lost my fur baby. I don't even like to think about that! I know nothing can take his place, but maybe you'll find another little soul that you can pour all your love into just like Andy! My prayers went to you when you lost him and now my tears join yours! Take care!!

-- Christie

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! I'm never very good with words in these situations. My heart goes out to you.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am SO sorry to hear about your poor Andy!!!!!

I was close to tears when I read your post. I am so very very very sorry. I know the pain you must be feeling, and I wish there was someway I could help.

I must have somehow missed the thread about andy disappearing....I am finding out that there have been several threads I haven't seen, because I rely on my e-mail notification of new threads, and wasn't notified. I need to start checking more carefully.

Please forgive me for missing it, I had no idea!!!

I am saying a prayer for you to ease the pain.