Update on a super picky cat :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

It does look good .There is one supplier that I know of here in the US that sells it . I really wanted to try for my cats  but it is very expensive  here .  About $15.00 for 8    2 1/2  oz  cans  .. I could never afford that ... I don't know why cat food has to so expensive ..
It is really good :) I checked Almo Nature on Chewy, but they don't sell it, so I checked on Amazon. Wow it is crazy expensive in the U.S. X_X!!! Here it is pretty cheap and very affordable. I'm not sure where Almo Nature comes from (I think the UK), so that could be why it's so expensive, import costs. I wouldn't recommend it if your in the U.S. since it's so expensive there. I would recommending buying foods withint your country (also cananda maybe) since there affordable and not to expensive :p I only buy cat food brands within Europe since they aren't too expensive and they are affordable. Don't worry though, since the U.S. has a lot of good quality brands :) Maybe even more variety than in Europe. I couldn't recommend you any since I only know European brands. But if you ask on the fourm for some good quality complete cat food, many people will help you :D

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is really good :) I checked Almo Nature on Chewy, but they don't sell it, so I checked on Amazon. Wow it is crazy expensive in the U.S. X_X!!! Here it is pretty cheap and very affordable. I'm not sure where Almo Nature comes from (I think the UK), so that could be why it's so expensive, import costs. I wouldn't recommend it if your in the U.S. since it's so expensive there. I would recommending buying foods withint your country (also cananda maybe) since there affordable and not to expensive :p I only buy cat food brands within Europe since they aren't too expensive and they are affordable. Don't worry though, since the U.S. has a lot of good quality brands :) Maybe even more variety than in Europe. I couldn't recommend you any since I only know European brands. But if you ask on the fourm for some good quality complete cat food, many people will help you :D
I know it is crazy .. Thank you ..My cats are set now , They are very happy with Fancy Feast & for kibble they love Royal Canin Oral Care kibble .. Thankfully it is very afforable here ..

Last edited:

catdancing1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad it's working.  It took me 4 years to get Mimi to eat wet food, thankfully she has found her inner carnivore.  One of the brands you can get in Canada in is called "Pride" all three cats love it.  Rabbit, pork, lamb, chicken, beef and many fish varieties.  Rabbit is the hands down favourite in my household.  It's a bit more expensive but they all dive in like they have been starved, all are on a very reduced amount of grain free kibble  - 1 tbsp. x 2 a day for the two larger cats, Miss Mimi hardly touches the kibble anymore and eats a generous amount of wet food which is a great relief as I am no longer worrying about her developing more struvite crystals.

luvlyk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Congrats I know people with picky cats not my two. They are not picky at all. especially my recently adobted Dicaprio (he will eat anything sometimes things he knows he shouldn't) They both prefer high quality food just like their human guardian :). Which is great however my budget doesn't allow a complete diet of Vital and simply nourish all the time. I have to throw in some Fancy Feast and Friskies now and then.
I plan on incorporating some raw food we shall see how that goes over.

I'll be sure to check out Applegate looks like another great quality food.

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I know it is crazy .. Thank you ..My cats are set now , They are very happy with Fancy Feast & for kibble they love Royal Canin Oral Care kibble .. Thankfully it is very afforable here ..
I'm glad you were able to find some food for them that is afforable and that they will eat :)

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Glad it's working.  It took me 4 years to get Mimi to eat wet food, thankfully she has found her inner carnivore.  One of the brands you can get in Canada in is called "Pride" all three cats love it.  Rabbit, pork, lamb, chicken, beef and many fish varieties.  Rabbit is the hands down favourite in my household.  It's a bit more expensive but they all dive in like they have been starved, all are on a very reduced amount of grain free kibble  - 1 tbsp. x 2 a day for the two larger cats, Miss Mimi hardly touches the kibble anymore and eats a generous amount of wet food which is a great relief as I am no longer worrying about her developing more struvite crystals.
Thank you :) Wow I can't believe it took 4 years to get your cat to eat wet food! That is crazy. I am glad she eventually did take to eating it! :) Lucky Mew was already eating wet food when I got him. Not a very good brand, but it was something. I've never heard of Pride, but I'm glad you were able to get something that your cats love! It's good they like the rabbit and go crazy over it. 1 tbsp of grain-free food is nothing at all! :p That really is amazing. I'm so happy you don't have to stress out and they are on really good food.

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats I know people with picky cats not my two. They are not picky at all. especially my recently adobted Dicaprio (he will eat anything sometimes things he knows he shouldn't) They both prefer high quality food just like their human guardian
. Which is great however my budget doesn't allow a complete diet of Vital and simply nourish all the time. I have to throw in some Fancy Feast and Friskies now and then.
I plan on incorporating some raw food we shall see how that goes over.

I'll be sure to check out Applegate looks like another great quality food.
Thank you for the congrats! Having picky cats really is difficult. Your soo lucky you have no picky cats and they eat anything! That makes things a million times easier :) Even better since they prefer high quality food! That is wonderful :) Yeah it does suck that good cat food is so expensive. Good luck with the raw food if you go for it :) I would recommend buying pre-made raw food first to see if they like it before wasting a lot of time and money on it :)

Never heard of Applegate, but it looks good from what I've just seen :)