*UPDATE* From original post of 4/8/2016

mandypine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everyone here has always been a good support for me and I figured I'd share what the verdict was. Re-reading my old post from 4/8/2016 about my cat losing weight, kind of made me sad. Moss's weight dropped significantly after Thanksgiving. So I took him to a new vet and it turned out he had leiomyosarcoma. The vet did an xray and saw his spleen was massive...figured it was cancerous. So I had a 25% chance that the surgery would work...so I did it. Because well...there was no other choice for me not to...euthanizing an animal is one thing but a pet that is apart of your life is a whole other story.

So I got a call from the vet in surgery--telling me that lesions were all on his stomach and the cancer had spread. I couldn't make the choice so I asked what would be best. So he informed me...if he survives surgery his organs will end up suffocating due to lack of blood and he will more than likely die very slowly and painfully. Or he could euthanize him whilst he was under and he would go without pain.

I really had no choice...as Moss was going to die no matter what I did. Losing Moss, letting him go has been a very bittersweet thing for me. He was my soul-mate. My heart is still broken. It will continue breaking and I know now how very much alive my soul is.  I have learned to plaster clay over the cracks and remold it and make it more solidified. So when it's all reformed I can give it to the next one to break. I still think about him and I will always miss him. Things always break and always mend but are never as full as they once were, back when that one special furry friend was there to make it feel that way. He truly lived a great life, although not very long, I am so thankful he got to live it with me. Moscow was put down December 1st about 8 months from the first post where I mentioned he didn't look well. It's been sad...but I feel good in knowing I tried and did everything I could for him. I just hope if something similar starts happening--ASK for xrays just to be sure.

Thank you ...to you wonderful people and this community. I never knew of such a place that didn't make me feel weird for how much I love animals or my pets. I truly appreciate how each of you have helped me by advice or easing my mind.

I rescued a little kitten from the shelter the other day; and whilst he lays all wrapped up and warm...I really hope he knows how great his life will be with me. And if I could rescue them all and love them I so would. So...I'll be sure to be around more often...as it's been a while since having a male kitten and the first time I've had full grown female cats to a new male kitten!!

Again...thank you all from the top to the bottom to every curve of my heart[emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my Darlin!  I am so very sorry to hear about Moss.   Please go to the Rainbow Bridge thread and leave a memorium for him.  And I'm thrilled that there is a new kitten in your life to help you heal and make his own place (they never, ever take the place of).  Start a thread for him, as well, with pictures and his name!  We grieve Moss'es loss with you, and will celebrate this new life with you, as well!

Last edited: