Update, Cat Went Blind After Surgery, Need Help!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been almost three weeks now since Leya went blind. Now that she really knows her way around and feels comfortable she has developed some new problems!!!

First thing is that she pees in the litter box but poops beside it. I've cleaned the floor really good twice now (soaked the carpet) and now I'm just resorting to newspaper beside the box until the problem is fixed. I don't know what to do!!! I clean the box and she still will only use it for peeing in!

Second problem is that she runs out the door any time we open our apartment door. What do you do in this situtation? We have tried the spray bottle but she doesn't care about being sprayed! I'm running out of ideas for this cat and she's driving me up the wall!!!!

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She may not want to do both jobs in the same box. Try putting another box down and see if she will use it.

In this house I always walk in the door with a stooped, purse or bag in front of me posture because I can usually count on Monique waiting to dart out and will if I'm not prepared. I can only suggest diligence on keeping her from going out till she realizes it won't work and gives up.