LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Target a few blocks from my house and for the most part their products are grossly overpriced, at least compared to Walmart. I do occasionally buy a few grocery items there and my vitamins but household stuff? Never. So sale or not it probably doesn’t mean much to me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll check it out to see if they have anything I need anyway. I get cash back by using Ebates when shopping on Target.com.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Target a few blocks from my house and for the most part their products are grossly overpriced, at least compared to Walmart. I do occasionally buy a few grocery items there and my vitamins but household stuff? Never. So sale or not it probably doesn’t mean much to me.
I agree. I much prefer Walmart over Target. Walmart is a bigger store and it has better prices.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's worth checking out for me. Normally I try to shop their toy clearance for my kids and put stuff away for Christmas. I've also gotten some great deals on sheets (My absolute favorite sheets are from Target; the Threshold brand.) and other random things. I buy freeze dried berries and peaches to put in my oatmeal. They have a better selection of some other things we like too. But I don't do full grocery shopping there.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's worth checking out for me. Normally I try to shop their toy clearance for my kids and put stuff away for Christmas. I've also gotten some great deals on sheets (My absolute favorite sheets are from Target; the Threshold brand.) and other random things. I buy freeze dried berries and peaches to put in my oatmeal. They have a better selection of some other things we like too. But I don't do full grocery shopping there.
I agree. I shop at Target pretty frequently. When they have sales, they have good deals. They also will give gift cards with purchase and it's normally things I buy anyway. I also avoid Wal Mart like the plague. I hate that place. I have never once gone in there and not regretted it. I also know first hand how they treat their employees. Many years ago I worked for WM. DD used to work for Sam's. Same :censored: different store.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also avoid Wal Mart like the plague. I hate that place. I have never once gone in there and not regretted it. I also know first hand how they treat their employees. Many years ago I worked for WM. DD used to work for Sam's. Same :censored: different store.
Yep. I will not shop at Walmart because of how corrupt they are. I jokingly say my dad would also disown me if I went there because he is a huge supporter of unions and Walmart is notoriously anti-union.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Target is also anti-union and treats their employees like trash. There really aren't any good choices among the big box stores when it comes to workers' rights. Well, maybe Costco, but that's a membership store so not for everyone.

Target.com usually has some stuff that's not in the stores. I'll have to click back and forth between that and Amazon. I don't need anything big but I like to find good prices on the little things I've always wanted to get but didn't want to spend full price on.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder that this thread is in the Cat Lounge and not the IMO area. If you want to debate how awful Target/WalMart, etc is to their employees, please take that to the IMO forum.

Thanks. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So far none of those deals are that interesting to me. I look forward to seeing what else they have. It's the same way for me with Prime Day though. Some years there is so much I am interested in and other years there is nothing.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far none of those deals are that interesting to me. I look forward to seeing what else they have. It's the same way for me with Prime Day though. Some years there is so much I am interested in and other years there is nothing.
Same here