Unusual Resting Spots for Cats

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella is now sleeping on my front room TV. I don't have a cat bed but Bella & Thunder take turns in the carrier.that has a comfy liner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both Archer & Hugo love to sleep on luggage and backpacks if they're ever left out.  I've actually left my backpack out in the living room for them for the past month just so they can have their sleeping spot:)

Hugo recently found a new place to hide and nap.  One of his favorite hiding and napping spots was burrowed under the covers on the bed, until recently.  Earlier this week my hubby left his top drawer to his dresser slightly open.  Hugo crawled in there.  Well, you would expect that he just stayed in that top drawer right?  Nope, that silly boy managed to climb up behind the drawer (there's a gap at the top of the drawer) and down into the drawer underneath it to hide & sleep!  I was frantic searching for him that day, running around calling for him and shaking a treat bag.  I'd already looked in that drawer so I was very surprised when he climbed out of there.  (Thank goodness I didn't close it while I continued my search).  So after I found him I left the drawer open to see what he would do and you can just imagine my surprise as I watched him climb in the drawer & slip down behind it!  Out of curiosity, I slowly opened the drawer below it to see if he was in that drawer or just behind the top one & there he sat in that second drawer looking up at me in a manner as if to say "Do you mind?  Shut off the light!"  :)
LOL What a sneaky creature

fluffyncupcake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh and when they get a bath, they also try to fall asleep in the water lol

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That bed looks like a great idea for cats who love to burrow under covers!  I'll have to look into one of those for Hugo so he has an extra hiding and sleeping spot, though to be honest right now I'm loving waking up to him cuddled up under the covers on top of or right next to my feet :)
LOL What a sneaky creature
That he is, but he's just so cute that you can't hold it against him:)

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats find a new spot everyday. I was coming out of the bathroom and found Thunder laying in the litter box. She was sound asleep. Good thing I cleaned it out about 10 minutes before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferals

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've recently been finding Wren on top of the kitchen fridge and also on top of the kitchen cabinets above the fridge!

jeier214

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our Oriental Shorthair, Chessie, absolutely loves sleeping on top of our home theater receiver. She done it since she was a kitten and she's 5 now. It's nice and toasty warm and she LOVES to be warm, hot almost! Our Siamese Mix, Skully, is happiest atop her cat tree - highest level, looking down on everyone :)

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Mani  So cute! At first when I saw the pic, I didn’t see the printer and I thought he was sleeping in midair. 

Gracie and Baloo are pretty normal and sleep in their respective cat beds and trees. Miss Bunny Rose, being the hideout explorer and adventurer, is often found sleeping. in a tiny plastic box in a small closet in the corner of our master bedroom- all the pics I’ve taken are too dark. Pippi will try to shove her way into Wallace and Gromit’s shared bed, which is already extremely crowded with two big boys- she has never slept in her own bed, so Gracie will take her bed, and then Baloo will take Gracie’s bed. 

Last edited: