Unusual Lump On Kitten: Vet Stumped

Amprice416

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just adopted an orphan kitten and discovered this elongated, lump that almost looks like a varicosed vein but it starts from right above his top, right-most mammary and travels through his armpit to his right elbow. It's very firm, fixed, non-tender. He shows no sign of illness at all, vet was stumped and prescribed topical antibiotics and steroids which I hesitate to give if it's not causing any issues. I'm watching it closely to see if its changing. Anyone ever seen anything like this on a feline? Vets next step is oral meds then biopsy. Again, if hes asymptomatic I hate to throw all that at 10-wk old kitten, hoping someone has seen this before and has GOOD news.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Did the vet aspirate it? Sometimes vets will do that before biopsy because by getting a small collection of cells, they might already be able to figure out what it is, so then they might not need to biopsy (which is a surgery and requires anesthesia).

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Abyeb makes a good suggestion! I agree with you, without knowing more, why all the treatments? Did the vet say what the purpose of each would be?