Unusual Hissing From My Cat?

RUbae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat meowed and me last night wanting to go out, so I let her and her brother out. About two hours later I went out to go bring them in for the night. Usually, when I open the sliding doors and/or tap my fingers and the sliding glass door my female kitten comes running home immediately. Last night she showed up very late.

When she finally came home, her fur was all ruffled--or at least some spots were. Some spots looked like the hair had been plucked out of her.

I woke up not too long ago and saw my female cat lying on the floor of the play house that I bought them. She never does that. She always either lies on the tip top of the tree house or on my bed. I forgot to mention that she didn't come snuggle with me last night either.

I woke up, opened the door outside and got two cans of food, banged them together. Usually, the female kitten would come running, but I didn't see her anywhere.. I went inside to look for her and she wouldn't budge from her spot. I picked her up and she started hissing at me. I put her outside and showed her that there was food, but she seemed like she had no interest so I left for a bit, came back, and found her in the same spot that I had put her in. I moved her closer to the food and she sniffed it and now here we are.

I am worried about my kitten. What could be causing this sudden strange behavior?