Untimely Awful, horrible day...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh thats great Carolina. Sending lots of vibes that goes well. Its good that you dont get nervous in job interviews. So many people do and are not able to show themselves in the best light. Thats got you one step ahead. Get the job and feel better vibes

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I finally feel much better...
it won't come back tomorrow! Yes - I was able to reschedule it for tomorrow - I was lucky, as the interviewers are from out of town, and tomorrow is the last day they will be in TX
I give you props, I have never been able to do anything other then curl up in a ball, turn off all lights and any sound, and go to sleep! I to have suffered with migraines for the past 20 years. Maxalt was one of my first meds that gave me any relief years ago, but one thing I know is that you have to take it before your migraine kicks in, otherwise it's a waste of meds and money....... There are many triggers that we don't even realize when it comes to our diet and environment. 3 years ago I quit smoking and drinking, not only did my migraines decrease, but my psoriasis also disappeared a year later!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give you props, I have never been able to do anything other then curl up in a ball, turn off all lights and any sound, and go to sleep!
Yep, that's how I was all night and all day.... I finally got better in the evening...
I to have suffered with migraines for the past 20 years. Maxalt was one of my first meds that gave me any relief years ago, but one thing I know is that you have to take it before your migraine kicks in, otherwise it's a waste of meds and money.......
I have suffered from it for most of my life, since I was about 6-7... Maxalt was just prescribed to me a few months ago, if you can believe it...
And boy, they ARE expensive! Yes, I think today was what happened... I tried to sleep it off, and it kicked infor good...
There are many triggers that we don't even realize when it comes to our diet and environment. 3 years ago I quit smoking and drinking, not only did my migraines decrease, but my psoriasis also disappeared a year later!
Absolutely - mine varies from time to time... Sometimes it is corn, cheese, chocolate...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
you could be suffering stress, even if you don't feel it.

if your Maxalt is the regular kind [not the melt-aways] then you might try imitrex - it's just become available as a generic version, so would be considerably cheaper to use.

btw, cold really helps mine [temporarily] so try cold packs next time none of your meds work. if nothing else, it helps relieve it enough to fall asleep most of the time.

see if your doc can prescribe some phenergan for the nausea/vomiting. it's a generic, so not too expensive. if you can get that under control, then you can swallow something for pain. also, my neuro says that phenergan can relieve migraine for some people - didn't work for me, but everyone's different.

if you get this job, will you have to move?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if your Maxalt is the regular kind [not the melt-aways] then you might try imitrex - it's just become available as a generic version, so would be considerably cheaper to use.
It is Maxtalt regular - I have tried Imitrex, and it doesn't do anything to me... It's the same as water

btw, cold really helps mine [temporarily] so try cold packs next time none of your meds work. if nothing else, it helps relieve it enough to fall asleep most of the time.
Oh yes... I always use one on my forehead, and one on my neck - it does help a lot.

see if your doc can prescribe some phenergan for the nausea/vomiting. it's a generic, so not too expensive. if you can get that under control, then you can swallow something for pain. also, my neuro says that phenergan can relieve migraine for some people - didn't work for me, but everyone's different.
That's actually a great I dea - I will ask him about it.

if you get this job, will you have to move?
Nope - I will be right here... The job is in Forth Worth though, so if things work out, I might move that way...
[/font][/size][/left][/quote]

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Yep, that's how I was all night and all day.... I finally got better in the evening...
I have suffered from it for most of my life, since I was about 6-7... Maxalt was just prescribed to me a few months ago, if you can believe it...
And boy, they ARE expensive! Yes, I think today was what happened... I tried to sleep it off, and it kicked infor good...
Absolutely - mine varies from time to time... Sometimes it is corn, cheese, chocolate...
I think so many of us feel alone when it comes to suffering from migraines, It's not something people who have never experienced can understand or more so would want to
Maxalt was $15-$20 a tablet when I use to take it 10 years ago, is it still that expensive! It's disgusting how corporate business makes money from our very private pain!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maxalt is very expensive and I am almost out.
I am glad you feel better now.
Do you get the auras and flashing lights before they hit.
I do some of the time.
You ahve to take the medicine as soon as it happens or it will not help.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Maxalt is very expensive and I am almost out.
I am glad you feel better now.
Do you get the auras and flashing lights before they hit.
I do some of the time.
You ahve to take the medicine as soon as it happens or it will not help.

When I experience light flashes and visual distortion, it's far beyond Maxalt. One of my first symptoms is stomach pain, unlike anything else. Migraine in my stomach.........anyone else have this?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

When I experience light flashes and visual distortion, it's far beyond Maxalt. One of my first symptoms is stomach pain, unlike anything else. Migraine in my stomach.........anyone else have this?
no, but it's not unusual - called 'abdominal migraine'.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never had that before.
I get severe migraines when it is hot also if I go out in the sun.
Anyone else have that happen.
I also use Advil Migraine.
Do any of you get them from fake sugars.
I will get them in less then 5 minutes if I have anything with fake sugar.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i get mine from different foods [chicken], odors [certain perfumes, etc.], air pressure changes [like storms], stress, hunger, lack of sleep, too much sleep, & sometimes for no reason that i can detect.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i get mine from different foods [chicken], odors [certain perfumes, etc.], air pressure changes [like storms], stress, hunger, lack of sleep, too much sleep, & sometimes for no reason that i can detect.
Me too... the food change from time to time... Heat and sun are big ones too...

Ok......... I HAD A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY!!!!!!

I went to bed pain free last night, but woke up with a migraine again.... Luckily no nausea, so I was able to take my meds and get better in the nick of time for my interview... I had an AMAZING interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the best compliment from the owner of the company too - if I don't get this job, only getting this compliment was already well worth it!!!
There was a gathering in the bar area after the interview, with their clients, and this gathering was actually part 2 of the interview. Afterwords, when everybody was living, the owner pulled me aside and said: "150 people applied for this position; we interviewed 22... Out of these 22, there are 5 that I can not believe are looking for a job - you are one of them..." Needless to say, this made my day big time!!!
I will know soon if I will get the job or not, but if I don't I am already happy - I was feeling really bad for a while, and his words were all I needed to make me feel worthy again. I sure hope to get the job - it is a great job, solid company, doing what I love, with a considerable salary raise from my last position... I don't want to give more details right now, but will update once I know...
I had a wonderful, wonderful day!!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh definitely you have to walk away with a comment like that feeling on top of your game. That was really cool and really nice, that he took the time to let you know. You need to start a thread for TCS vibes, they are like magic. Im adding mine now
Im glad you had such an amazing day even though it of started off bad.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Pami - it was AWESOME! I needed that soooo much!

Thank you for the vibes

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so awesome! Can't ask for a better interview then that! They don't usually take the time to give compliments without reason.........
sent your way, hope you get the job!!!!!!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know... I was floating!!! It was truly a much needed awesome day.... Oh... that job is awesome too! I want to get it SO much!
Thanks for the vibes!