unsettled cat due to move

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not really a question, more of a vent/plea for simpathy/looking for confirmation I'm not crazy.

We moved apartments this last week and it's driven the Squeaky crazy. She never used to try to escape, but she's become a little escape artist - every time the door opens, she tries to dash out. She'll wander around the apartment complaining loudly, and has started to wake us up in the middle of the night again by meowing loudly at the door (we keep her out of the bedroom due to my asthma). She wants to sit on our laps 24/7, which I would normally love, but alas, I have a lot of unpacking to do and I have to go to work everyday.

I've tried to do my best to soothe her - her cat tree is in front of one window, and we've set her fuzzy bed up in front of another. There are actually better views at this place, and lots and lots of squirrels. She is, unfortunately, unsoothable.

I'm sure she'll settle in in awhile, but until then, she's driving me batty! Anyone else have similar experiences when you've moved?

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks like a sweet little girl! I always fret when our cats seem unhappy, so I understand. Moving is so stressful, I hate it. I'll bet she had the old place all marked and now this new place probably doesn't smell right yet.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could there have been other cats in the apartment previously? Maybe she is uneasy due to scent marking?