Unknown CAT breed

lady gabriel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently adopted a huge cat from animal control. He was very sick with a URI that caused a continuous flow of drool; his appetite was a hurdle and he had to be force fed for 3 days. Staff said he drooled in expressing affection, so I assumed it to be true. I do have a 17yo female cat the occasionally drools a few drops when you cuddle her.

THAT SAID, the new cat after 3 wks of Tx is now active & drool-FREE:) He is a biscuit color with faint tabby stripes and stretches well over a yard long; the killer is when you lift him, he's all muscle. What I found most peculiar is he has no wounds or apparent allergies, but VERY LITTLE FUR ON HIS UNDERBELLY. His coat is between medium& long, it's incredibly soft & fluffy but doesn't seem long enough to mat, he has longer fur on his tail, and a VERY long tail. He's young, they estimate 2yo, playful, and has no belly sway...very fit feline.

SO... any ideas? He doesn't have the full, Lyons mane of Maine Coons or Norw Forest Cats -so I'm stumped that a Tabby could be this big. Thx!

rubythecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not sure about the breed... maybe a maine coon? I don't know much about cat breeds lol just wanted to say that he is an absolutely beautiful cat

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Site. What a looker. Blue eyes ... slight orange tabby markings on the face .. medium-long fluffy coat ... I'm just guessing, but maybe he has a Ragamuffin ancestor (these are also big cats). Does he like to be held?. Does he go limp when held?. Is he a "greeter cat" (friendly with everyone)?.

Last edited:

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is most definitely a domestic medium hair with the flame point coat pattern :)