Unintentional injury by cat...

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's mine:

Our (RB) Baby Boy shredded my hands. He had a habit of going potty on the bed. I went into the bedroom and there he was laying on the bed. I though, if I remove him, that'll avoid his using the bed as a littler box. I talked to him calmly and walked towards him. I petted him and slid a hand under his tummy and one across his back. Just as I was picking him up, one of the other cats let out with a yell ( there was a fight going on) and Baby Boy reacted. He mauled both of my hands. I still have the scars from this incident. You couldn't even see my palm or the back of my hand through the scratches and it bled like crazy. Mom told me it looked like I had hamburger hands.

I can say after that, Baby Boy never went into the bedroom again.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch! A lot of painful injuries there!

I remember I was laying on the couch one time, having just finished reading a magazine. I put the magazine on the arm of the couch and Kahu was in the midst of his usual crazies, and he decided that he wanted to jump from one arm to another. He failed as he slipped on the magazine and he jumped over me and my hand was on the other arm and he ripped my palm open. Boy that was so painful - it did bleed a lot, and had to have it glued together! There's no scar, surprisingly enough!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a fair number of scratches but Matt got it worse. When one of us is home and the other one calls, he likes to chatter on the phone, well I guess he heard my voice and tried to jump up on Matt's legs to get to the phone and he has several deep scratches across his legs

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My worst injury happened on a day that I was moving from one apartment to another. Most of my apartment was in the truck out front and basically all that remained was a sofa and a few boxes. I sat down on the sofa for a break and saw my cat come flying down the hallway directly at me. She leaped up on the arm of the sofa and tried to cut across to the back but my face was in the way.

The scratch went from the corner of my eye to behind my ear. By the time I stood up, the blood had hit the floor. I ran to the bathroom and left a trail of blood the entire way. What did I do to the cat? I hugged her cause I knew she was scared by the move.

My DH had a bad injury. Our neighbor went on vacation and brought his cat over to our house to watch for the weekend. Melvin had stayed other times with absolutely no problem, but for the first time, they didn't leave their dog with us. Melvin freaked out and started to fight with my cats. DH reached under the pool table to pick him up and carry him to a spare bedroom to isolate him and Melvin bit down on his arm. Hard. As DH pulled his arm away, Melvin came with it and in fact DH stood up and raised his arm over his head with Melvin attached by his teeth. He doesn't know how he dislodged Melvin (he was freaked out himself), but knows that he left a major trail of blood on the way to the bathroom. He got cat scratch fever from that one.

The odd thing that we learned that day was that Bogart, our house ambassador who groomed every cat who ever entered the house, witnessed Melvin's attack on my husband and for the first and only time in his entire life, attacked another cat to the point that I thought he was going to kill him. My gentle Bogart!! I managed to get Melvin locked up in the bedroom where Bogart guarded the door until we took Melvin back to his house the next day.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo I have a few to share.

One of the more scary ones happened whenl I was picking Nikita up to move her into another room (she was due a timeout after trying to attack my hands and feet lots and lots while playing, very hyped up).

When I was about to go through the door a motorcycle zoomed through outside and scared Nikita. She ran off, using the insides of my wrists to push off from with her back feet. I got scratches on both but only deep on one wrist. It bled a lot and was quite scary.

So now I have a scar along the wrist right over the main veins in there, looks exactly like a failed suicide attempt. Heh.. it used to be a good 2 inches but the bit in the middle has faded now though.

Another incident happened recently. I went to pick Nikita up to give her a cuddle (I do that all the time) and she'd been completely zoned out. Didn't notice me coming at all so she freaked out when I picked her up. I lifted her up maybe 5 inches in total before she turned around (it happened so fast) and turned into a blender and ran off. I got one deep scratch on my calf that took ages to stop bleeding and two deep puncture wounds on my arm. These are still healing, the punctures got slightly infected but not too badly.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The worst I got was from my first cat, Jasper. He was around 6 months old, still a kitten but getting big. I was holding him over my shoulder like he liked, saying good bye to my boyfriend at the screen door and a dog came up on the front porch and startled him. His claws came out and he took a flying leap over my shoulder, using my chest as a launching pad. Leaving a deep gash going from my collar bone to the top of my right breast. That was 6 years ago and I still have scar (especially in summer) but I love it. Jasper got hit by a car and was killed so I treasure that scar.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My stomach looks like I have had 5 C sections in different places
Every time I have one laying in my lap one of the others decides to cause everyone to freak out and take off, so who ever is in my lap uses me as a spring board.
Ziggy was laying beside me one morning and Dunkin came flying in and I had a whole paw print with holes in my Butt
They can get spooked so easy

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

... one of the others decides to cause everyone to freak out and take off...
I can SO relate to that...I don't think a day goes by that we don't have one of those moments. The noise of 32 feet scrambling at full speed is unmistakeable. It freaks ME out. LOL