Unexplained weight-loss

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The heartbreaking pictures......

That's exactly what one sees when a cat has lymphoma. Whether it shows up in test results or not makes no difference.

RAFM (((hugs))) and tears. I'm crying while I'm writing this. My heart is breaking for all of you.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my what a big difference ..I just went through what you are this past winter with my 14 year old Siamese Yowdy. He had the exact same symptoms.... His coat was rough looking also just like your picture. He vomited and had Diarrhea constantly.Weight lose he went from 18 pounds down to 9 in a years time.
I had taken him to the vet and was told IBS and given meds to settle the Diarrhea Flagly. And it did help for short periods of time. But a few days after Xmas I took him in as he had Diarrhea terrible and seemed to act like he was sick to his stomach. This time the vet felt a lump in his abdomen and said its Lymphoma he was pretty sure
The vet gave a choice Surgery to try and remove the tumor. We opted for surgery.But he called after he had opened Mr. Yowdy up and said it was to advanced.So we just did not let him wake from surgery.
In hind sight I knew surgery could not fix him but I so wanted it to.I wish I had just spent the last few days at home loving him and then taken in to be PTS..
Prayers being sent your way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For those still following along, it's been a rough week. I tooh her in on Thursday for a weight check and fluids. She was down to 4.14. They gave her a B12 shot as well. Later Thursday night, she began sneezing and by Friday morning she was snuffling and sneezing pretty bad.

So, off to the vet we went again. The Dr. gave her an antibiotic and while the nurse had her in the back, the vet explained that for her to get this sick this fast she had no immune system left. She explained we were putting on band-aids, which I already knew.

I had hoped that when I came by the house to pick her up on Friday DH would have told me he was ready to let her go, but he didn't. I'm ready, Cleo is ready...she's hiding and won't even eat tuna, just a few kitty treats. Dh and I talked, he's getting ready. He's spending all his time with her this weekend.

I think he will be ready to let her go on Monday or Tuesday. I don't think she can hold up too much longer. She's being very brave for him.

Thoughts are appreciated.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to both of you. But it is time and the kindest and most loving act that can be done is to let her go with dignity and peace..

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The animal communicator I (and several others) work with explained the process (so sweetly) to me. The long and short of it is... the furry members of our families view death so differently than we (most of us) do. And they do hold on for us, because they already know they don't leave us when their bodies do. Your baby is being so very strong, and clearly loves you both so dearly, because you're right, she's holding on for your DH, because he's not ready yet to let go.

It's so sweet, but my heart hurts for all of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We let Cleo go tonight. She was a walking skeleton and was refusing everything. She and DH had a great day, she rolled in catnip for him, laid next to him on the desk while he worked, even rolled onto her back so we could rub her belly. Today was a good day for her.

We let her go out on top. Left her with her dignity and pride....she was our Princess and she went peacefully. It was serene and quiet. Our vet did a wonderful job and I won't forget her kindness.

We are left to remember her and grieve that she is no longer with us. She is out of pain and at rest. And that is all that matters.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
<-- a bittersweet cry.

Such a sweet, sweet, loving thing to do for her.

to you and especially your DH for your aching hearts.

Run, and play, and eat as much as you want Cleo. You're flying fee and whole again now. You will be very missed.