Unexpected phone call

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a funny thread! It made me think about the crazy things that I did in High School!

As for my first date, I was barely 16 & I had met him a the local hang out. His name was Jory & he was 20! We ended up sneaking off to Lincoln (80 miles from home!) to go to the mall. He bought me a cassette tape (right before CD's got big) & it was of the one hit wonder band called Ace of Base.
He ended up taking to me a "fancy" restaraunt called Runza (people from Nebraska & Iowa should know this chain...it's a fast food place!) & even drove me through the Drive Thru!
We ended up going back to Fairbury & "cruised" around for hours. Then he asked if he could kiss me...which I was a little nervous about since I hadn't ever kissed anyone before but was much more nervous because he was still DRIVING! We leaned in towards each other & the next thing I knew I felt the truck slide off into the ditch! I panicked & yelled...totally killed the mood.
It was definitely a date to remember & one I hope I never have to relive!

kitkatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is a date classified with a kiss at the end? 'cause if it is then my first date was at the young age of 6. He was an older man (7 months older
) by the name of Nathan. He's parents took us for ice cream (his mom and my mom were good friends and she was baby-sitting me) he held my hand as we walked along the bridge watching the river (our town was centered around a flowing river) and when my mom picked me up he gave me a kiss on the cheek
we were a 'couple' for almost two months, then we started second grade and Nathan threw me over for a younger woman. Broke my heart he did

But Billy was my first 'real' date. I was 15 he was 17 (and away from my parents for the whole summer staying with my grandparents) and he took me for a movie and a midnight picnic. Very romantic. We were together for 4 years. He's now married and is expecting a little girl in July.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just 16, we went Ten Pin Bowling and then to the coffee shop (not very romantic). It was the middle of winter, snow all over the place and he got on my nerves. 4 years later we married and 18 years after that divorced.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first date was a little weird. The guy actually asked a girl staying with my family to go out on a date and she said only if I went too. So all three of us went to see the movie "Ladyhawke". The guy and I were already friends so we had a good time. I never counted this as a date, but later on I found that he did.

The date I counted as a first date was when I took the same guy to the Shrine circus and impressed him by driving through the "mousetrap" without getting nervous or lost (nasty interstate intersection in Denver) and I was able to get him back stage because my Dad is a clown for the Shrine.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first date consisted of going to see some ridiculous chuck norris film with the kid 2 doors down from me..
Later, my dates consisted of walking around the mall with the man of the year .. and now it consists of going out to a proper dinner together, and holding hands..

although.. I think my best-remembered dates are more silly ones.. Jason and I now have a regular date which consists of napping in the bathtub. Not that anyone really wanted or needed to know that, but I think it's the best date.. Especially when Paige gets curious about the bubble bath and starts attacking the foam... then gets freaked out because it's stuck to her paw and runs around trying to shake the foam off.

hey, it's not my fault that my cats are infinitely curious about the bathroom.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had play dates and stuff when I was younger.. always ended with kisses and stuff LOL! But my first real one would have had to been a few months ago, it was great. He's so sweet, and the same age as me(I'd never be allowed out with an older guy) and we're together still. I just hope it lasts years!!

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have blanked out my first date..... either that or it was just not very memorable. On my first date with my other half we saw South Park the movie and had takeout chinese (how romantic
)