Undigested food in cat stool!!

dusa gambrill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You
My 3 month old kitten is consistently pooping with undigested food. He doesn’t consciously go to the toilet it just keeps coming out around 1-2 hours after he’s eaten. Even when he eats soft foods such as pates they still come out undigested. He is also constantly hungry. The cats temperature is 39.1C and he’s moving around very little. He clearly feels pain around the tail and bottom area as he cries when it’s touched. He is a stray and I only found him a few days ago. He’s incredibly thin, weighing 680g. Is this organ failure? I’m extremely worried as I don’t want him to die a painful death. Thank you so much for any help! I’m desperate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dusa gambrill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you gotten him dewormed?
Not yet! But the undigested food in the state it’s coming out doesn’t appear to be a symptom of worms as far as I can tell. The food comes out in slime but almost fresh. And his tummy isn’t enlarged as you’d expect with worms...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He needs a vet. This is critical and he is in pain. Don't try any OTC remedies for this. Thank you for rescuing him; try to get him to a vet asap.

flcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not yet! But the undigested food in the state it’s coming out doesn’t appear to be a symptom of worms as far as I can tell. The food comes out in slime but almost fresh. And his tummy isn’t enlarged as you’d expect with worms...
There are all kinds of parasites, not just worms, deworming is the generic term for countering the most common parasites. This should be done ASAP upon intake of any cat from outdoors. From there, depending on symptoms, more specific anti-parasite medicine is given.