Underdeveloped kitten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cattycoves

Following mama kitty
Young Cat
Purraise
nay, the second step isnt very good. I usually even recommend to just continue with step 1....

But if you phone so desperately, try instead for finding raw goats milk... May even be frozen raw goats milk. As it does have some potential healing properties. Even some antibiotic properties.

Otherwise, processed goat milk should work too. Almost all goats milk works as long as its no funny diet low fat variation.

Even Meyenbergs powdered goats milk works; we had forumites whom happily raised several batches of rescued kittens on this.

So goats milk IS a working alternative, if you cant get a good kmr.

If he survives his ongoning pneumonia, he shall need all supprtive care he can get.
Update: he doesn’t have pneumonia or and fluid in his chest. In fact he has Pectus excavatum aka a flat chest they say is congenital and he needs surgery ASAP to correct it or he will fail to thrive being alive/ not make it whatsoever, the other choice was humane euthanasia. I want to proceed with the surgery they said that it ranges from $500 - $800 it was actually a lot cheaper than I thought.. recovery is supposedly 3-4 weeks. I do wonder if this is something that could affect his adult/elder life even after getting the surgery. I’m in Tampa Fl my primary vets office is harmony vet care. if anyone knows a vet that does this surgery lmk they gave me paper of vets all around me to call and see who would actually do the surgery and what they’d cost. We hope to be in a vets office tomorrow. And get the surgery ASAP. Hopefully Friday 🤞 I’m worried of him going in and not coming out to be honest. I don’t know if I could handle losing him… he’s only a few weeks old he shouldn’t have to go through this 💔 yet another reason to spay and neuter. Toast is just a foster.. but I don’t think I could part with him… maybe 3 kitties would be just fine 🥺 prayers for toasty im trying to stay positive and hopeful for him.

Cattycoves

Following mama kitty
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope so too! Please keep us posted. I’m relieved you finally received my responses!
No fluid! He has a Pectus excavatum further explanation in a previous reply! I thank you so much might’ve just saved his life!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use a reputable vet and get the surgery. Who have you been referred to? Ask if they’ve ever done this surgery before. Let me know — I’m in your area.

Cattycoves Cattycoves

Last edited:

Cattycoves

Following mama kitty
Young Cat
Purraise
Use a reputable vet and get the surgery. Who have you been referred to? Ask if they’ve ever done this surgery before. Let me know — I’m in your area.
These are all the vets he said to call and ask about. Let me know if any stick out to you! I’ll be calling all of them in the morning I think

Attachments

Cattycoves

Following mama kitty
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, unfortunately toast has passed this morning. I called 30 vet offices this morning can you believe it? 28 of them wouldn’t do it because of his age, they didn’t know what it was, or they simply didnt preform that type of surgery. No one would see him today without X-rays from somewhere else. My heart breaks for him. He has a strong beautiful soul. His body just could keep up.. toasty is at peace now.
Seriously thank you everyone whole helped me out I’m extremely grateful and though this has been one of the hardest mornings, this is such a learning opportunity for me to help save future kittens and hopefully catch this stuff early to save them.

As for puddles (the sister) she will be getting dewormed soon and looked at to make sure she is truly healthy and doesn’t have the same issues. Bless x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give her a couple of days to calm down. Poor thing. She misses her babies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Cattycoves Cattycoves the team at TCS are so sorry for your loss.
You did all you could for this little one. I have a boy with pectus excavatum and he did make it through, but honestly, if it's bad enough your boy would not have made it. I'm amazed at both the offer of surgery and the price and that they even offered it.
It's heartbreaking, I know. :hugs:

We lock thread when a cat has passed, our of respect. However you may like to create a tribute to him in our Crossing the Bridge Forum.

RIP little one
.................................................. :greenpaw::rbheart:💙:rbheart::bluepaw: .

Status
Not open for further replies.