Underarm Deodorant Recommendations?

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I soooo wish that they'd come out with a deodourant for women! I've tried the crystals (no go), and Toms smells so funny to me! I get a headache from whatever herbs they use in that stuff. I've used mens deodourant in the past too, but always felt too masculine.
If they made a plain deodourant for women in a flower or powder scent, I'd be all over it! I sweat anyway, I've learned to ignore it....but it's all in the smell for me.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I use Tom's of Maine. For the longest time I used the popular name brand ones until I read up on things like antiperspirant and aluminum! Do you guys realize how bad they are? Clogging your pores is bad enough, but doing it with aluminum? No way, I use the natural ones, deoderant only, NO antiperspirant.
Funny, I used that once and grew long skinny warts in my armpit. Now I don't know if it was a coincidence or what, but I stopped that one.

And there is a difference between antipersperant and deoderant. One makes you not sweat or stink, and the other makes you just not stink. Reports are that not sweating is not a good thing, you need to sweat, otherwise you are cloggin those pores and who knows what else to upset the natural order of your body? So if you must use those chemical laden poisons, at least use one that allows your body to function as it should.
Nothing wrong with being a sweathog. Just don't wear white.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear Certain Dri at night and Certain Dri AM during the day when i need to freshen up a bit. It keeps me totally dry and i NEVER have sweat stains on my shirts
I LOVE the stuff
It's the only deoderant i've ever used that works like it claims!!! (I have PCOS and as a result of it a mild case of - Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) can be a side effect) - so that coupled with my tendancy to overheat from Vertigo- i can be totally gross and dripping in sweat if i don't have a good deoderant.) Certain Dri has been a life saver for me!

http://www.certaindri.com/

I also like Dove Ultimate Clear (cool essentials) -i use that when i just need a light pick me up on occassion and it works well as far as being invisible. Certain Dri is better on sweat control though.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Nothing wrong with being a sweathog.
I think there is when you're so sweaty it's down to your elbows on every shirt you wear even when you're cold, from dawn to dusk every single day. That's how I used to be, and trust me, it makes it hard to function. I'm all for not upsetting my body's balance, but it started out being out of whack. Bleh.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been using Secret Platinum Strength soft solid it's always worked great for me. I tend to sweat a lot and this works really well... I like the 'soft solid' better because it usually doesn't leave as much of a residue and it goes on a lot easier. It also comes in a 'clear gel' but the gel ones always feel too cold and sticky to me.
I tried a crystal/mineral deodorant spray once, but it really did not do much good. I also tried Weleda Citrus Deodorant (natural). I still need an anti-persperant to keep me comfortable (walking around in sweaty wet clothing is very uncomfortable) but I like the smell of the Weleda so much that I still use it as a body spray!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am using lady speed stick shower fresh. It works fine for me. Sometimes I use degree...I like the scent and it also seems to work pretty good.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I use to have bad underarm sweats (it happens to skinny people too
) I mean I was to the point I would have to replace shirts every few months because the stains wouldn't come out.

From my personal experiece, I have found that Dove solid is the ONLY deoderant that has worked for me.
Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

I have VERY sensitive skin, and have had that same problem! What I've found that works for me is Dove Invisible Solid Sensitive Skin! There's also the all natural crystal deodorant sticks that are terrific and don't irritate my skin, and I really like that they're natural! Perhaps you'd want to give one or both of these a try!
Another vote for Dove!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Lady Speed Stick but am not happy that I cannot find a lady's deodorant in the stores I shop. I can buy my hubby men's deodorant (which he prefers over antiperspirants) but cannot find a lady's deodorant.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same allergy and am allergic to MOST antiperspirants
It is SO ANNOYING.

I recently tried Ban rollon unscented and so far its the only one lately that doesn't make me itch like mad. I still use the itchy ones if I have something important going on because they smell nice. (I suffer the wrath afterward though)

Its SUCH an annoying allergy.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Avalon organics
The rock crystals
Addis just deoderant