Under Eye Dark Circles?

harlowquin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad this topic was posted! I also have dark circles under my eyes. Makes me look tired all the time. I am going to try all of the suggestions above. Just wondering if there is a cosmetic surgery for this? I am to the point where I would almost try anything. I do know that a ton of new face creams state that they help this. Avon sells a $50.00 one that you get the tinest little container of cream I have ever seen. Not sure I want to throw that kind of money away until I know it truely works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Are you anemic? I'm severely so; the doc told me the dark cirlces can be a sign of it. I use a liquid concealer, but it never totally conceals them. I also have deep sockets in that part of my eye area, so I think this it the problem, too.
Normally I would say its a good possibility...but since B is diabetic I get my daily intake of eggs, beef, poultry, and pork...so I should have a decent level of red blood count.

B and I were talking and his thoughts are that I could have slight iron deficiency. I really think that its more allergies. When we brought in Whitey 2 years ago that's when I noticed the change.

I wonder if I took some OTC Claritin if that would help???

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trust me. Go spend $10.00 on a tube of Preparation H and use it under your eyes. It really does work because it shrinks the capillaries beneath the skin, which is the cause of dark circles.

Why spend $50.00 on "hope in a jar" creams from expensive cosmetic companies when the answer is in a tube of cream available at your local pharmacy? If you are embarrassed to tell anyone you use "Preparation H" then don't tell anyone. It will be your own private beauty secret.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use tea bags
Steep a couple of tea bags in boiling water for a few minutes, (I use English breakfast tea, Earl grey if you want it to smell good) take them out of the water and then put them in the fridge to cool right down. A face mask and those tea bags on your eyes will feel gooooood. Works a treat for me at least. I've always got dark circles too, but the tea seems to help.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uggg, I have chronic dark under eye circles.
I use a stick concealer form Neutrogena specifically for dark circles. It work pretty good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started using a nasal solution that sort of helps. Its just like water spraying into my nose.

I'm almost certain their due to allergies. I haven't washed the pillow cases in a while and my circles have been getting worse.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a classmate who is in the performing arts tell me that the Prep H method is a makeup trick used in the theater. I would try this. At least you know it won't hurt your skin and it doesn't cost much