Ummm.....WOW!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are great pictures! I always try to get pictures of birds but they never turn out like yours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Awesome! And you had your camera on you at the time!
Yeah, I kinda forgot for a second too. I was just staring at him- then remembered what I was holding in my hand

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

What a beautiful bird! We have some peregrin falcons around here, I'm always awed when I see them.
Cool!
yup, they always make you stop whatever your doing
I'm surprised I have'nt hurt myself
I can see it now- I'm outside gardening with some sort of tool, get all distracted by a hawk and gouge myself or something

Originally Posted by Moz

Those are great pictures! I always try to get pictures of birds but they never turn out like yours.
Thank you! I can take no credit for it though
if it were'nt for my new camera, the pictures would be awful probably
That camera has one heck of a zoom!

curly10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pictures! I see alot of buzzards, usually being chased by crows. They have the most beautiful, plaintive calls. I love hawks, they are so majestic. I am glad to say that red kites are making a comeback here in Wales, not long ago their numbers weren't even in the hundreds.
Thats one thing about the kittens, and all the cats in my neighbourhood, I used to have so many songbirds in my garden, I have noticed there dont seem to be many about these days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by curly10

Beautiful pictures! I see alot of buzzards, usually being chased by crows. They have the most beautiful, plaintive calls. I love hawks, they are so majestic. I am glad to say that red kites are making a comeback here in Wales, not long ago their numbers weren't even in the hundreds.
Thats one thing about the kittens, and all the cats in my neighbourhood, I used to have so many songbirds in my garden, I have noticed there dont seem to be many about these days.
I'm glad to hear the kites are doing well
They are lovely birds

Sorry to hear about your songbirds
Hope their numbers return back to normal soon

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going against the grain here, but he does not look like a red tailed, immature or otherwise, he looks to be a Cooper's Hawk.
And those are some awesome photos.