Umm guys....I think your a little low....

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live not far (within 1/4 mile or less) from the landing strip of the runway for the airport here. If you are at the stoplight waiting to turn you will see them coming in and they can get very low!! At night it's worse cause all the sudden you hear them right over you swooping in for a landing. I hate living this close!

Someone had said a plane had hit an IHOP there....we had that happen here.
It wasn't a IHOP but a JoJo's which is basically the same thing. They were doing some kind of excersizes with the jets and it hit the restaurant and the hotel next to it. Killed several people at the hotel at a conference. Found them still in their chairs. (sorry, gorry) and a few people in the back of the restaurant. There was also a gas station next door so there was a lotta worry about it going. It was back in 1991 or 2 I think. It was big news here.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live in the flightplan for O'hare Airport I guess. We're not actually NEAR the airport but we get a lot of planes flying over. Some of them are pretty loud but they're never really low like you see over the highway near O'hare... I've seen some over the highway where it felt like you could reach up and touch em!