Uh, ok...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've also have incredible dental problems because all the enamel stripped from my teeth during pregnancy (despite taking extra calcium), my hips have never been the same - I did have an old tae kwon do injury to deal with on top of that, my back is ruined, my body is covered in stretch marks even though I used lotions and oils and whatnot, I can't get a flat tummy no matter what I try, and yes, I required stitches too. I think a man also has to take into consideration the indignity of being seen naked by an entire hospital, and then have your most intimate parts stitched up (mine was botched too, so I STILL have pain with that 8 years later) by a complete stranger! AFter he was born, I didn't even get to hold him after all that hard work. LIterally, he was born and given to his father!! THANKYOU!

Not only that, but the first night I was alone with my baby boy, I couldn't get him to stop crying - bear in mind I'd been awake for the last 48 hours, in pain for the last 11 and I'd tried everything like feeding, burping, changing etc - he was taken away from me by a midwife who told me in no uncertain terms that if I couldn't make it through even the first night, I was a terrible mother!! Way to speed up the bonding process.

I agree that even women who've never had kids won't grasp how tough it is on you mentally and physically - I came out of it feeling like a complete train wreck! When you've got to be awake as often as you are to feed a baby in the night, you'd think that pregnancy would be a little easier on a woman come the end of it..... but no. We're supposed to carry on regardless. It's a wonder any of us actually survive the process!

Rune is determined that he wants to have kids - but he doesn't want to be in the delivery room with me. I've told him flatly that I don't get a choice on whether or not I want to be in the delivery room, so he's going to have to suck it up and be a man because I'm going to need his support more than anything right then. Until he can do that for me, then I'm not going to be having his kids.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

of course i am Glad to be man.
i get to stand up to go the bathroom

the rest is still propaganda

but yea i agree he should have hold your hand.
If it's all propaganda, I'd like to see you go through it and say that again

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This all sounds fun! LOL We get to start our childbirth classes tomorrow. 3 hours of no idea what for 3 days (One a week). We get to take ours in the hospital at the L&D ward and they are free.

I do know if Mike acts like that guy with the book, is a good thing we'll be right in the hospital. He'd need to stay a few days.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ChrissyR

This all sounds fun! LOL We get to start our childbirth classes tomorrow. 3 hours of no idea what for 3 days (One a week). We get to take ours in the hospital at the L&D ward and they are free.

I do know if Mike acts like that guy with the book, is a good thing we'll be right in the hospital. He'd need to stay a few days.
Hehehehehehe!! And to think my partner was taken next door to be fanned by a couple of nurses after he passed out when I was getting blood tests done!! If only I'd had the strength then to pap him one in the teeth for that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Rune is determined that he wants to have kids - but he doesn't want to be in the delivery room with me. I've told him flatly that I don't get a choice on whether or not I want to be in the delivery room, so he's going to have to suck it up and be a man because I'm going to need his support more than anything right then. Until he can do that for me, then I'm not going to be having his kids.
Is that right? I love the way they do that. Sure, sure - I'll be there to help you make the baby but after that you're on your own!!

Is it because he just thinks he'll totally freak out? Well, too bad, I say.

I'm so fortunate that Max is the way he is. He's even told me he'll be down the business end when she comes out - he wants to see it ALL. I said I would prefer him not to be (I heard a comedian once refer to that as being the same as `watching my favourite pub burn down' - LOL!) because I wanted us to see her for the first time together. But then he said `look, you've got to do the whole pregnancy, you'll get to breastfeed - you get ALL the good stuff. If I get to see her first then that's just too bad!'. And I kind of agree - I can't begrudge him that so I've said he can be wherever he wants for the `moment'.

Originally Posted by LilleKat

Hehehehehehe!! And to think my partner was taken next door to be fanned by a couple of nurses after he passed out when I was getting blood tests done!! If only I'd had the strength then to pap him one in the teeth for that!
We have a good story here. Nothing is sacred in hospitals. We had a patient who was having a c-section and her husband managed to pass out in theatre and fracture his skull. So all the staff had to rush around attending to him while she lay there, all prepped and ready, saying `Hello?? Hello??? Anyone?'. The husband was fine - but that story got around in about two hours!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually in the Uk they kick unconsious fathers into a corner of the room and let him come to his own senses because they''ve got more "pressing" things to worry about! I knwo Rune is worried about freaking out, but liek you said, that's just too bad... I'd rather he freaked out than missed the most important moment in both our lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they usually do here, too, except for the blood that was coming out of his nose. That's a tad more serious!