Uh-Oh!!!

krickette

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have a new stray kitten. I'm trying to do this correctly, slowly, but I'm running into issues. Twice now, the kitten has gotten out of my bathroom and been cornered by Riot. Riot is agressive in running at her, but doesnt seem to bush up that much, just sending out a few hisses. Little cat is scared and bushy and hissy and steadily growling. Both times, they have gone under my bed, where I can't catch them. Eventually one comes out, and then I grab whichever I can and remove them from the situation. But I'm worried that this will hurt them in the long run, or make it take longer.

Another potential hurdle: Easter break. I didn't plan catching this stray around my schedule, I saw her and I grabbed her. Easter break is coming soon (friday), and I don't know what I'm going to do! I left my carriers at home, where I'm going, so I guess I need to go buy a new one for the little cat, and Riot just rides in my lap usually, but I'm worried about them being in the same car!

ETA:
My mom first suggested the pillow case technique, but I'm not so sure about that. So then she said to go get a couple of boxes. I really am a poor college kid, lol, I can't go buy another pet taxi when we have 2 perfectly good ones at home.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since you have carriers at home, just use boxes, one for each. You can cut little air holes and windows in them very easily with a box cutter. Put an old towel or something in the bottom for them to lay on. I would not let your older cat ride in your lap at all. Too dangerous for both of you.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^And a $100+ ticket if caught.

If you can afford it, you might try to go get some feliway spray and rescue remedy since they'll be smelling each other and have a car ride to make them aggravated.

pat traufield

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How has the kitten gotten out of the bathroom? What will be their arrangement while you are all on spring break?