Uh oh. What am I gonna do?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we moved in a year ago, the walls were dark raspberry (not my taste for sure) and the ceilings were light pink! My husband decided since we had 6 weeks of owning 2 houses, we should replace all the hardwood floors. I agreed but said we had to paint first.

To make a long story short, my best friend loves to paint and had recently lost her wonderful husband to cancer and needed something to keep her mind occupied. Since she doesn't work, she said she would paint for me. I gave her a key to the new house, bought GOOD QUALITY paint (Benjamin Moore), primer and left the colour I wanted in each of the rooms. She came over during the day while we were at work and primed and painted 2 coats on dining room, living room and 3 bedrooms.

I OWE HER BIG TIME STILL!

She has just now comes to grips with losing her husband and has decided to sell her huge house that she lives in alone so my husband is helping her change bathroom fixtures and doing some of the heavy work for her to help get it pristine for real estate showings, so hopefully this is partial payback.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

OOh! Where can you rent a paint gun??? We aren't keeping the carpet so that sounds like a great idea!! Can you use regular paint with it?
You should be able to rent a paint gun at Lowes or Home Depot. My Dad bought one because he owns apartments. He can go into an empty unit and paint it in about 3 hours.

You can use any type of pain that you like in it - just make sure that you cover anything that you don't want painted. Oh yeah, wear a mask!!!!!
Also, make sure that you clean it very good with paint thinner after each use!