Uh Oh!! Not The Happy Reunion I Expected! HELP!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are doing great. It is normal for both to use both litterboxes - mine have five around the house, but they all use them, except that usually they each decide which one they will pee in and which is the one for poop!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well they sure know how to use those boxes!!! I tell ya, they are going the bathroom alot! Course, then they want to play in the litter and get it all over the place. Does them sharing litterboxes help them learn to get along well? Just wondered.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like all is well! Bijou and Mika still play pretty rough sometimes and Bijou outweighs Mika by 8 lbs. so sometimes she lets out a yelp and he backs off. They probably are more relaxed than we are so I understand where you are coming from!

Your babies look like they have it figured out - so now go get some sleep! LOL

selfhope

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww! They're so cute!!!

When I introduced my cats (kept them separated for a week or two first) the first couple of days I wasn't sure if they were fighting or playing. It worked out fine, and they play together much more gently now. I think one of them just had to prove he was the Alpha Cat first!

Congrats! Now to keep them out of everything... LOL

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! They are little angels......WHEN THEY ARE SLEEPING!

They were just laying together for the first time today. I hope this behavior continues! Maybe they will become a little less agressive as they get used to each other again.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was probably just the fact that Spook still smelled like the shelter and the vet, and Salem now smelled like your house. We have had CJ and Billy since we found them, execpt he lived with my brother for a little while... they were littermates. We put Billy at a shelter for two days, because of complications, and we gave him up for adoption, and missed him too much, and got him back. Anyway, though he was just gone for two days, CJ didn't recognize his smell, and kept attacking him!!! I was worried, too, but... I just seperated them for a couple of days while Billy recovered from his neuter, and then reintroduced them. She stayed clear for a little while, and then he walked up, started cleaning her, and they were fine from then on. So, since they are sleeping so close to each other, they are probably fine now. The hissing may be normal too. When Billy came back from my brothers, they still knew each other, but when they played, they hissed. I thought they were fighting, only to find out that they were playing! Sounds like things are going well!

Well... gotta go feed AL! Have fun with your new kittens!

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

It was probably just the fact that Spook still smelled like the shelter and the vet, and Salem now smelled like your house. We have had CJ and Billy since we found them, execpt he lived with my brother for a little while... they were littermates. We put Billy at a shelter for two days, because of complications, and we gave him up for adoption, and missed him too much, and got him back. Anyway, though he was just gone for two days, CJ didn't recognize his smell, and kept attacking him!!! I was worried, too, but... I just seperated them for a couple of days while Billy recovered from his neuter, and then reintroduced them. She stayed clear for a little while, and then he walked up, started cleaning her, and they were fine from then on. So, since they are sleeping so close to each other, they are probably fine now. The hissing may be normal too. When Billy came back from my brothers, they still knew each other, but when they played, they hissed. I thought they were fighting, only to find out that they were playing! Sounds like things are going well!

Well... gotta go feed AL! Have fun with your new kittens!
Thank you!! It helps me so much to hear these experiences so I know that things are ok. I tell ya, I am a chronic worrier!!
They need to go to the vet's for a checkup and 2nd round of shot... (this outta be fun!
) I am going to take them together so they don't have to smell different again. The hissing still gets to me but I've been reading that some cats are more vocal than others.
Thanks for the support!!!!! I really need it!

Tell your kitties we say Hi!

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is wonderful...every intro time has ALWAYS gone better for us then expected...and I don't expect a lot of trouble. lol

Glad to see they are doing so well!!